DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

Birds of Prey isn't the best movie in the DCEU by a long shot, but it's for sure a lot better than anything not named Shazam (haven't seen Aquaman).

Yes, I'm including Wonder Woman in that statement, because I thought it wasn't that great. Mainly because I don't like Gal Gadot at all, though.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:32 AM, Casey said:

Birds of Prey isn't the best movie in the DCEU by a long shot, but it's for sure a lot better than anything not named Shazam (haven't seen Aquaman).

Yes, I'm including Wonder Woman in that statement, because I thought it wasn't that great. Mainly because I don't like Gal Gadot at all, though.

Mind if I ask why you don't like Gal Gadot at all?

Love the logo and artwork for 'The Batman.'   I don't worry about Matt Reeves. I think his resume is good enough to the point where I'm be surprised if the movie isn't at least good. 

'The Flash' thing could be awesome but I don't have a lot of faith in it.  If it was a DC Animated joint then fine but doing a multiverse deal on the big screen will not be easy..  

I know this was also an animated joint but it was feature length,  speaking on 'Into the Spiderverse' and that was probably the best way to do something like this. 

• Like 1

WarnerMedia is investigating Ray Fisher's allegations about the Justice League shoot.  Fisher claims Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon are the specific targets of the probe.

Have any of the other cast members backed up Fisher?  I don't really expect much to come of this except Cyborg will never again be seen in a DCU movie and Fisher will probably never get another acting gig, but it still seems odd.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:52 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Love the logo and artwork for 'The Batman.'   I don't worry about Matt Reeves. I think his resume is good enough to the point where I'm be surprised if the movie isn't at least good. 

'The Flash' thing could be awesome but I don't have a lot of faith in it.  If it was a DC Animated joint then fine but doing a multiverse deal on the big screen will not be easy..  

I know this was also an animated joint but it was feature length,  speaking on 'Into the Spiderverse' and that was probably the best way to do something like this. 

Give us Jay Garrick or we riot!

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

except Cyborg will never again be seen in a DCU movie and Fisher will probably never get another acting gig, but it still seems odd.

I doubt that.  Cyborg will be featured in other projects and Fisher,   I mean it's not like Warner Bros. loves the other people involved in this. 

Cyborg is arguably DC’s best known black character these days to the average person (possibly Black Lightning, prob no longer John Stewart) thanks to Justice League and, more likely, the Teen Titans cartoons. So I can’t see The character being mothballed. 

This DC FanDome thing is garbage. I made a schedule this morning and it's not following that at all.

EDIT: A trailer for the Snyder Cut leaked, with a bunch of new footage. I can't find it, since WB is copyright striking it like crazy, but I expect it'll debut today during Snyder's panel.

Edited by Casey