DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2020

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Fun Fact: Batman's body count in 89 is way higher than his dream sequence body count in BvS.

Yeah, Killer Bats is my biggest problem with Batman (1989).  I still love the film for the performances by Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Danny Elfman's excellent score, Anton Furst's designs which deservedly won the Academy Award for Best Production Design, seeing the movie premiere on BBC as a six year old. The iconic scenes in the opening credits, Descent into Mystery, the Batplane using the moon and the ending as Batman stands on a building as the Bat-signal shines in the skyline.

14 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, Killer Bats is my biggest problem with Batman (1989).

When I watched the film as a teenager I somehow failed to realize that blowing up that factory probably killed a few people, yeah. The only death I registered was that dude Batman threw down the clock tower, which definitely bugged me. So out of character for Batman.

• Like 1

Forget about 1939 Batman. Modern Batman has been causing death since at least the 1970's. Whether it is punching, kicking, or throwing bad guys directly into the cause of their doom or merely standing by and allowing characters to die without intervention. Even occasionally throwing explosives. And let's not bring up Batman: The Cult. Batman isn't a killer only because he doesn't perceive himself as such. If another vigilante came to town with the same record and wasn't one of his established allies, oh he'd be hunting that fucker down.

Edited by Execproducer

• 3 weeks later...

This whole Wheadon thing led me to find the pdf's of his rejected Wonder Woman script. Holy shit, it's amazingly awful. And it explains why we were getting upskirt shots of Godat in JL. Also, that scene where Flash falls on top of her? Gal refused to do it so Wheadon got a body double instead of scrapping the scene.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

91DgJapCZAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Speaking of Wonder Woman,...if you haven't seen the Wonder Woman (2009) animated film, you really must. It's a great film and long before Wonder Woman appeared on the big screen, I said it should be a shot for shot remake such is the quality of the movie.