Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

I'm not huge into the trophies but as a few others said if it's not too hard I like the idea of going for a platinum trophy. I only have the one for Spider-Man but am tempted to go for the Horizon Zero Dawn platinum as I'm close to finishing that up. I'll probably get GoT in the next week or two since I'm apparently the only PS4 owner who doesn't have it yet.

Also to all the Gwent lovers, I was late to the party but Thronebreaker: Witcher Tales was a great time with a more complex version of Gwent. The story was fun and the campaign took damn near 40 hours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gwent is too complex already. The last thing anyone needs is a more complex version.

I mean, I don't get it. I play against someone. I pick a card with a rating of 6, and my score (so far) for the round is 6. They play a card with a strength of 4, and then suddenly 5 other cards with a strength of 4 appear on their side and their score (so far) for the round is 24. I've played one card from my deck of 10 and have 9 left, but they've played 6 cards from their deck of 10 and also have 9 left. How's that fair, then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Last of Us 2 and weirdly, after all I've said, I kinda want to go back and play it again. Weird.

thought the last chapter was unnecessary and if they'd scrapped it, it would have been just fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Again, I want to be clear that I'm not judging anyone else. I just don't get it. I've never felt the urge to go back in a game and get a trophy I missed somewhere. But that's just me.

I'm doing the judging. *sizes people up* Eh, you're doing fine. Keep at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mythic Tales? I've only done two but they are incredible and while I get why all sidequests can't be like them, they should aspire to be something like their best parts. 

Edit: scratch that, I've done three. Curse of Uchitsune is my favourite so far but Heavenly Strike is dope too.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of trophy talk (sorry), got my 175th Platinum trophy with The Last of Us Part II. Compared to The Last of Us Remastered, it was relatively easy. The entire Platinum can be done on Light / Very Light difficulty and thankfully there's no multiplayer trophies, New Game+ trophies or Survivor/Grounded mode trophies.

I imagine those are coming in the future, which means I would have to attempt them.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

some of the boss battles in Origami King are pretty time consuming.  

I'm watching my wife and son play it, and goddamn does that puzzle mechanic in battle look like the most un-fun thing I have ever seen. I love that series, but I think I will sit this one out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It can be quite frustrating when you THINK you gave lined a path for maximum damage, only you missed something and literally fall flat on your face and do no damage to the enemy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Speaking of trophy talk (sorry), got my 175th Platinum trophy with The Last of Us Part II. Compared to The Last of Us Remastered, it was relatively easy. The entire Platinum can be done on Light / Very Light difficulty and thankfully there's no multiplayer trophies, New Game+ trophies or Survivor/Grounded mode trophies.

I imagine those are coming in the future, which means I would have to attempt them.

When you Platinum every game there is, let us know, we'll send you a trophy! .... I kid. I wonder if I can get a trophy for Tetris...

Link to post
Share on other sites

My thinking on trophies is, well because I first got a PS3 in May of 2013, when I'd be playing GTA 4 (and later 5) online with people who'd been on there far longer, almost everyone was PSN level 12 or 13 and I was like 5. So I started trying to trophy hunt a little bit in other games, to get my level up so I didn't look like the rookie of the squad. And once you're in the habit, you play a game and complete it and have a look how close the Plat is, and if it's not far, why not get it? I mean, if you've logged over 100 hours on a game and NOT got the Platinum, what were you doing the whole time?

Also, I bet @Andrew POE! never Platinums GTA 5. Either version (I think the modifications to online since it launched mean it's now impossible to get some of them; Also I think it's funny that he has more than ten times as any as I do, but I have two he doesn't, and they're THE SAME GAME).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I'm only one online trophy (Numero Uno) and one single player trophy (Solid Gold, Baby!) from the GTA5 plat - my son having done almost every online task and myself doing single. So close but likely never to get finished 🤷

I really dislike it when multiplayer trophies are part of the Platinum hunt and rarely bother trying to get them unless they're incredibly simple, like Uncharted 4. I'm truly just a single player gamer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxB said:

My thinking on trophies is, well because I first got a PS3 in May of 2013, when I'd be playing GTA 4 (and later 5) online with people who'd been on there far longer, almost everyone was PSN level 12 or 13 and I was like 5. So I started trying to trophy hunt a little bit in other games, to get my level up so I didn't look like the rookie of the squad. And once you're in the habit, you play a game and complete it and have a look how close the Plat is, and if it's not far, why not get it? I mean, if you've logged over 100 hours on a game and NOT got the Platinum, what were you doing the whole time?

Also, I bet @Andrew POE! never Platinums GTA 5. Either version (I think the modifications to online since it launched mean it's now impossible to get some of them; Also I think it's funny that he has more than ten times as any as I do, but I have two he doesn't, and they're THE SAME GAME).

I think all the trophies for the online mode in GTA V PS4 works....but I know the PS3 version doesn't work for "Run Like The Wind" (unless you find a hacker). I'm planning on doing GTA V soon but I found the game sorta boring. I'll force myself through it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Infamous 2 popped up in my backlog roulette and a couple of hours in I'm still struggling to not be amused by how Cole the superpowered movieman handles the same as Sly the thieving raccoon. Congrats to Sucker Punch for breaking a twenty year habit assuming the same is not the case for Ghost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Salads said:

Infamous 2 popped up in my backlog roulette and a couple of hours in I'm still struggling to not be amused by how Cole the superpowered movieman handles the same as Sly the thieving raccoon. Congrats to Sucker Punch for breaking a twenty year habit assuming the same is not the case for Ghost.

Well, sort of. Climbing is different in ways. It’s less floaty, but It does auto cling to beams, and small landing spots. Just not too many surfaces to cling to in this game. Also the game isn’t platforming focused.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I'm watching my wife and son play it, and goddamn does that puzzle mechanic in battle look like the most un-fun thing I have ever seen. I love that series, but I think I will sit this one out. 

If it works for you visually, I'm sure it's fun. To me, it's irritating clutter. I can do the puzzles, but I don't think that I enjoy them very much. 

The Chu Chu Rocket-style boss puzzles are neat, but you know what's even better than those? Playing Chu Chu Rocket instead.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I super fucked up.

I thought I already had SmackDown: Here Comes the Pain. When I discovered I didn't, I ordered a copy off of eBay and it got here pretty fast. I head down to the basement to play it, pop it into my PS2, and...where's my PS2 controllers? I searched the whole house and didn't find anything.

It's at that point that I remember that I had thrown away a couple boxes that I thought were junk because they were just full of wires. In that box might have been all of my PS2 and Dreamcast controllers. I know I remember digging through each box to make sure nothing important was in them.

So my PS2 and Dreamcast controllers are either likely gone or I packed them away somewhere so good that I can't remember where they are now. Going to head to a couple Disc Replay type shops and see if they have any old controllers in stock. Hopefully they have one that isn't too expensive.

Ugh. Very annoyed...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember controllers for both being that expensive last time I went into some retro stores.  FWIW I need to dig through the basement some more as I finally got around to hooking up the CRT TV and now need to find my NES and SNES.  When we moved we put a lot of things wherever we can find room so now the fun part is seeing where they are.  But hey, at least we got the TV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a question about the PSN Store.  I've had an account for years, but never really used it (literally a couple times before last week).  Been doing a deep dive into digital gaming, so I've been going to the store quite a bit lately, looking for digital exclusives I'm not familiar with and might want to research/play.

The store crashes on my periodically.  Sometimes I get a "content not available" error.  Usually, just half the images on the page load or something like that.  Sometimes I just wait it out, sometimes I reboot and everything is fine.  Is this normal?  Far as I can tell, nothing odd is going on with my internet connection or PS4 console otherwise.

I've tried the PSN store from my PS3 and it seems mostly stable, but not entirely.  Also used Xbox Live in the past few days without incident.  I'm wondering if its the server on something on my end.  Too many people trying to use the story maybe?

Any ideas or suggestions?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The store kind of works like shit sometimes.  PSN in general feels like it's done with a couple of cups and some string at times, but it might just be because I'm stuck on 2G since I don't have a pro.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The PS Store runs like flaming shit on the Consoles itself, always has, although it's *slightly* better on the 4 than it was on the 3.  I'd recommend doing your shopping on the website then downloading it from your Library on the console (because the automatic "queue" feature on teh website doesn't always work).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...