DVDVR Message Board

2020 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

Lots of new and more old Pokemon coming with the new expansion pass dlc. New forms, new Gmax forms, Galarian legendary birds and Slowpoke.. Around 200.

New places, new co-op mode etc.

Galarian Zapdos looks like it's a orange Chocobo.

• Like 1

Getting a trophy because my character jerked off to one of those softcore non-nudity videos in a booth was quite the trip. Too bad it took place during the Burusera sidequest (before I knew what she was really up to), so I assumed Kiryu was spanking it to a high school girl in that booth and I got super uncomfortable. Luckily that wasn't the case, but, man... this game is fuckin' weird at times.

Chapter 2 sucked me, but that last part right as it ended (you know) had me going WTF because I thought this was just a straight forward game, nothing like that involved.

Oh and fuck the batting cages. I suck at those. And the claw machines in the arcade(s).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Getting a trophy because my character jerked off to one of those softcore non-nudity videos in a booth was quite the trip. Too bad it took place during the Burusera sidequest (before I knew what she was really up to), so I assumed Kiryu was spanking it to a high school girl in that booth and I got super uncomfortable. Luckily that wasn't the case, but, man... this game is fuckin' weird at times.

Chapter 2 sucked me, but that last part right as it ended (you know) had me going WTF because I thought this was just a straight forward game, nothing like that involved.

Oh and fuck the batting cages. I suck at those. And the claw machines in the arcade(s).

I'm assuming this is one of the Yakuza games and if that's the case then I'm now oddly interested in trying this out.  The only one I played was a tiny bit of Kawami.

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

Lots of new and more old Pokemon coming with the new expansion pass dlc. New forms, new Gmax forms, Galarian legendary birds and Slowpoke.. Around 200.

New places, new co-op mode etc.

Galarian Zapdos looks like it's a orange Chocobo.

My wife was really happy with the news and already pre-ordered the DLC.  But this does mean that her backlog of games is only going to increase as she's been playing this practically nonstop.   And with the DLC that means she'll be playing this through at least most of the year.  I think at this point I may need to get a second Switch just so I have a chance with one of my games.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm assuming this is one of the Yakuza games and if that's the case then I'm now oddly interested in trying this out.  The only one I played was a tiny bit of Kawami.

Yeah it's Yakuza 0. I believe it's set before both Kawami games.

Since that post, I've gotten way better at the claw machines. Which is good news for the random little girl in the street that has decided to call Goro "Daddy".

• Like 2

So new year, new thread, how's everybody's backlog/pile of shame looking? I've got...

The Last of Us, God Of War, Nier: Autamota, Yakuza Kiwami, Nioh, Doom, Hitman, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, MGSV, GoW 3 Remastered, Bloodborne, InFamous Second Son, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, Sleeping Dogs, and more.

A LOT of that was from the PS+ free monthly games, but still, and of course there's still shit I never did on PS3 like Ico, Shadow of The Colossus, Monkey Island, etc.

Last of Us, God of War, Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7, Farpoint, Nier:Automata, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Days Gone, the last DLC for Spider-Man, Frozen Wilds for Horizon Zero Dawn...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

So new year, new thread, how's everybody's backlog/pile of shame looking?

Uncharted 4, Hellblade Sennua's Sacrifice, Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, lots of free from PS+ stuff... Deus Ex (2 of them, Human Revolution and the PS4 one), Dead Island on (PS3) and all 3 Bioshocks (I played a bit of the first one but it didn't grab me; Seemed like an interesting story but the FPS gameplay is not my thing). And while I haven't got Witcher 3, I'd like to play it before Cyberpunk comes out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Fuck all that you gotta get to the hostess management in Yakuza 0

I much prefer the Fist of the North Star version, where you get a mission for the shift ("eject 2 rowdy customers" or "hit Fever Time twice" or whatever). It suits the way my mind works better.

7 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

So new year, new thread, how's everybody's backlog/pile of shame looking? I've got...

The Last of Us, God Of War, Nier: Autamota, Yakuza Kiwami, Nioh, Doom, Hitman, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, MGSV, GoW 3 Remastered, Bloodborne, InFamous Second Son, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, Sleeping Dogs, and more.

A LOT of that was from the PS+ free monthly games, but still, and of course there's still shit I never did on PS3 like Ico, Shadow of The Colossus, Monkey Island, etc.

I still have to start The Outer Worlds. I meant to do it after I finished Borderlands 3, but then the DLC dropped for it and I decided to get through that instead.

Someday I might actually play the copies of Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy XV that I bought before I left Germany. Three years ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

ho boy.  My pile of shame is nigh-infinite.  Limiting it to games I started, fell off and want to get back to:

Trover Saves the Universe

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (I'm at the point of grinding money and skills for the final chapter)

Judgment (Ch. Eight)

Control

Trover Saves the Universe

Crackdown 3

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Anything on Stadia but SamSho and Thumper so I can convince myself I didn't waste $130

Bloodstained

Breath of the Wild

Cadence of Hyrule

MUA3

And I finally figured out that the reason I couldn't get Outer Worlds to run despite having a Game Pass PC sub is that some games will DL thru the MS store and others require the Xbox Beta app, so Outer Worlds goes on the pile as soon as I find my pitchfork

• Like 1

My backlog/pile o' shame is like a room of shame. Among the games I want to do in 2020 are: Resistance 3, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal PS3, Prince of Persia trilogy, Splinter Cell trilogy, Metal Gear Solid 2/3/Peace Walker/4/5/Survive (hahahahaha), Platinum Vanquish finally, Platinum Far Cry 2 finally, Platinum ModNation Racers finally, Platinum LBP Vita finally, and....

Currently I'm working on:

Battleborn (stupid server shutdowns)

Astro Bot Rescue Mission (very fun and almost Nintendo like in its approach)

Aliens Vs Predator (got 5 trophies left before the Platinum. Nightmare difficulty is painfully unfun)

Medal of Honor Warfighter (got 2 trophies left before the Platinum. Hardcore difficulty wipes progress upon death but there's a workaround)

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (sure, let's do this again)

Axiom Verge (game does a pitiful job of explaining where you need to go and a pitiful job with enemies. But it's an indie Metroid and the developer is almost Phil Fish like regarding any criticism you have for his game)

PlayStation VR Worlds (VR Luge can fn die)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (yes, there's a Platinum)

Devil May Cry 2 (yes....I know)

• Like 1

Yeah I'm currently working on Astro Bot when it comes to VR (probably going to do Obduction after this). No way I'm going to 100% Astro Bot (or anything, really - and I'm okay with that). I can't stress how much I love this game, I need more stuff like it. Or pretty much anything that isn't a FPS because I'm so bored of that. It's not why I wanted a VR in the first place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah I'm currently working on Astro Bot when it comes to VR (probably going to do Obduction after this). No way I'm going to 100% Astro Bot (or anything, really - and I'm okay with that). I can't stress how much I love this game, I need more stuff like it. Or pretty much anything that isn't a FPS because I'm so bored of that. It's not why I wanted a VR in the first place.

There's video guides out there for collect all the bots/chameleons and some of them are surprisingly easy. The only grindy/annoying thing is the prize machine trophies.

Honestly though...even if you aren't interested in the 100%, it's a great game.

• Like 1

My pile of "Oops I keep meaning to play/finish that"

Kingdom Hearts III - I just... ugh, I'm not feeling it. Some spark is missing.
Devil May Cry 5 - Need to experiment with keyboard layouts and/or plugging my PS4 controller into the computer.
Bastion, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Should finish these some day

Installed but never played: The Banner Saga, Divinity II: Developer's Cut, Shadowrun: Dragonfall (Director's Cut)

Should try to install and make work: Knights of the Old Republic

• Like 1

So when you get the Platinum trophy for Infamous: Second Son (you have to complete it twice, and get 100% completion on at least one of them), the player character actually talks to you. He says "You know, we've been through a lot together. But now, I think it's finally over".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So when you get the Platinum trophy for Infamous: Second Son (you have to complete it twice, and get 100% completion on at least one of them), the player character actually talks to you. He says "You know, we've been through a lot together. But now, I think it's finally over".

Some people get an email, too, maybe a code for a special avatar? I know Spider-Man did the same, H:ZD too. I love that shit, man. 

My Pile of Shame:

• Spoiler

• Xenogears 
    • Diablo III
    • Horizon Zero Dawn
    • Witcher III
    • Final Fantasy X-2
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham Knight
    • The Last of Us
    • Dragon Age Inquisition DLCs
    • Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories, Dream Drop Distance, Birth by Sleep
    • Dragon Quest heroes
    • Uncharted 4
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    • Telltale Batman
    • Secret of Mana Remake
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Tales of Abyss
    • Persona 5

Sad thing is I'm pretty sure there is stuff I'm leaving out. That is everything I can recall offhand that I own and have started. 

Edited by Eivion

I should bust Second Son out again sometime. That game has the best traversal this side of Spider-Man PS4. Ersatz Seattle was pretty fun to travel around, too, especially using the dash tied to neon powers.