DVDVR Message Board

2020 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

3 hours ago, turk128 said:

Black Desert is free now: you simply need download it and hit "play" before March 2nd and it's free to keep.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/582660/Black_Desert_Online/

Well that may make it worth the download time. Even if it's just to play dress up with the character creator.

Edited by JLSigman
i can't spell this morning

CONTROL was added to PSNow yesterday, thru Aug 31.  I know I'm the only champion that service has around here, but I use it enough to get my money's worth at the annual price every year, especially since the price reduction in 2019.  I am mildly curious to know whether the 720p cloud-streamed version runs better than the game's notoriously poor vanilla-PS4 performance, but not curious enough to delete the paid-for version I have sitting on my PS4Pro.

30 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

CONTROL was added to PSNow yesterday, thru Aug 31.  I know I'm the only champion that service has around here, but I use it enough to get my money's worth at the annual price every year, especially since the price reduction in 2019.  I am mildly curious to know whether the 720p cloud-streamed version runs better than the game's notoriously poor vanilla-PS4 performance, but not curious enough to delete the paid-for version I have sitting on my PS4Pro.

I think you can download PS4 games locally to your machine through PS Now, right?

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think you can download PS4 games locally to your machine through PS Now, right?

You can.  I'm just idly wondering if, given the game's poor performance on Vanilla PS4, the streamed option might be better than downloading it for people without a Pro.

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

Some you can, but not all. From what I remember, a good chunk of the PSNow library was stream only. Or at least stuff I wanted to play, anyway.

Finally played through Limbo.  Not really to my liking, but got me excited for Inside.  I like puzzle platformers and there was a lot I loved about LImbo (art direction, aesthetic, ambiguous nature of story, etc.) but the puzzles are too esoteric.  I never found the puzzles difficult but I'm not a fan of "Groundhog Day" puzzles where the  solution is something you'd never try until after you die multiple times and try a number of the more likely solutions.  By midgame, I fell into a loop where most every bit of progress was followed by a section where I had to die several times until I figured out the right sequence,  Became a grind.

That said, it's still worth a play and I'm thinking I'll like Inside much more.  

Will probably play Shadow Complex Remastered next.  I played the original back when it was released but never finished it.  Just got SC Remastered in the mail a few days ago.  

End of the month will probably be dominated by Nioh 2 and Doom Eternal.

• Like 1

I'm having a ball with Division 2, but it's gonna take a back seat in 24 days, since I got RE3make sitting in my queue for launch day and FF7Remake is right behind it.  That'll keep me occupied for several months.

I hoped for a spiritual sequel to bad dudes.  Since you used we I know you have my best intentions in mind and it is exactly what the game is

I'm actually posting to tell everyone they should be playing Bloodroots.

Edited by Tromatagon

LOL, my neighbor thought now would be a good time to play Last of Us for the first time because "video games don't scare me.  Apparently, the opening sequence unnerved them so much they quit after an hour.  Too close to the current crisis, I guess.

I am wondering if coronavirus will affect sales of TLoU II.  I'm planning to pick it up day one, but it may set on the pile until things are sane again (to be honest, that could happen anyway.  My pile of shame is huge).

2 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

LOL, my neighbor thought now would be a good time to play Last of Us for the first time because "video games don't scare me.  Apparently, the opening sequence unnerved them so much they quit after an hour.  Too close to the current crisis, I guess.

I am wondering if coronavirus will affect sales of TLoU II.  I'm planning to pick it up day one, but it may set on the pile until things are sane again (to be honest, that could happen anyway.  My pile of shame is huge).

It's possible, but I have a feeling that most people playing the game will be willing to overlook it. FOX News and other idiots will make a big deal out of it. It'll go on my room of shame while I work on Battleborn Platinum/100% (and maybe Umbrella Corps Platinum).

56 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I mean, I'd laugh that off but... I tried to play Frostpunk in the dead of winter, living in the middle of nowhere, in rural Canada. And I had to stop because even though it's a finely made game, it's a game about surviving in the dead of endless winter, in the middle of nowhere, and it's dark as hell. It just wasn't the right timing for the subject matter for me, at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gonzo said:

The NFL and 2K Sports have entered an agreement to allow 2K to produce "non-simulation" NFL games.

They won't be able to produce a direct competitor for Madden, but I guess they'll be doing other stuff.

Maybe we can get a sequel (spiritual or otherwise) to NFL Blitz.

• Like 1

Just now, Tabe said:

Maybe we can get a sequel (spiritual or otherwise) to NFL Blitz.

Anf for $49.99, you can get enough VC to unlock 2 more players on the Bills roster...

30 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Honestly I haven't been as depressed in years as being a 38 year old man trying to hang on by one claw to whatever is left of my reaction time in Apex Legends. I am a totally useless slug and it feels bad.

FPS games are cancelled.

That's me at the Rubik's Cube competitions I attend.  "Whee, I'm not last!"