DVDVR Message Board

2020 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

I don't think they can port wrestling games because of licencing reasons, right? Kenny Omega becomes the biggest babyface in professional wrestling if AEW can get something close to an AKI wrestling game in 2020/'21. Doesn't sound like the odds are great but it would seem like that's our only hope.

Got my 161st Platinum trophy today and my 10,000th trophy with Astro Bot: Rescue Mission. The game is pretty hard actually and the challenge missions were poorly designed. The rest of the game was decent but not quite to the levels of Super Mario 64 (like so many people tried to claim this was).

• Like 2

Given my experience with Telltales GOT game, I should have known better than to play the Batman game. I mean it was free on Xbox, so at least I didnt shell out real money for it. 

My God, it's like if Russo booked a Bat comic. People out of the traditional characters. Shocking swerves out of nowhere. And I havent even finished it yet. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Dreams is fucking dope

You know the game Sony isn't promoting at all so nobody knows it's out

That game looked absolutely amazing after it debuted at e3 all those years ago. Wow, I just looked it up and it was five years ago but they announced it in 2013. 

It's also only $40

I think Sony gave up.

Media Molecule hasn't though and it's so great.  Don't expect the amount of single player stuff a LBP game had out of the box, but there's a shit-ton of stuff that other people made and a lot of tutorials to go through to make stuff.

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Given my experience with Telltales GOT game, I should have known better than to play the Batman game. I mean it was free on Xbox, so at least I didnt shell out real money for it. 

My God, it's like if Russo booked a Bat comic. People out of the traditional characters. Shocking swerves out of nowhere. And I havent even finished it yet. 

God - I could have warned you.

I mean I like the 1st game (still haven't played the second) but I also nowhere near as deep into the Batman mythos so that the.... changes, yeah we will call them that... weren't going to bother me

I think the point of the Telltale Batman games was that they wanted to imagine those characters in different contexts.

I played through the first one when it was free, and I enjoyed it well enough. I actually picked them both up on sale on Switch, so I'll play through the first one again and then the second one (finally) at some point, I guess.

I mean, the first one was no The Wolf Among Us, but other than The Walking Dead, Season One, what was? 

I think Tales From The Borderlands is still their best game - but some of that is being already invested in the Borderlands universe so it is a specific set of circumstances.

I guess I should play the Back to the Future one but I have heard it is shit... thought I did get it for free

I didn't get into Tales at all. I think The Wolf Among Us is amazing, though. I didn't even know that it was based on another IP, and then I read some of that IP, and it sucks. 

For me, even if I did like Tales, that's based on a series of games that I also enjoyed, generally speaking (I mean, Tiny Tina is the fucking worst, but it's still got good points in terms of characterization). TWAU is based on something that isn't any good and reads like what a "Holy Terror"-era Frank Miller might write. 

I've finally started Earthbound, and it's really fun, but I don't like beating up stray dogs ? It's a really quirky and weird game, too. Right up my alley.

Still getting into VPW2, as well. I like the Challenge mode or whatever, basically the Season/Story mode, but just like every other wrestling game, I hate tag team matches. Mainly because the frame rate drops when I do those, due to the camera expanding to a zoomed out view, but other than that it's so, so, so much fun. I've finally figured out how to do finishers too, which took me way too long to figure out. I knew it was the taunt button, but didn't realize you had to do a strong grapple first. But that makes sense, so of course it took me a few days. I wish there were websites that had modern CAWs for the game. I've seen some YouTube channels that has people like Naito and Omega, though.

Finished Episode 1 of Kentucky Route Zero... It was very Lynchian and over before I knew it.

Waiting a while before going on to Episode 2... or maybe I'll go back and play Ep 1 again as I played it purely linear and did no exploring

On 2/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, Casey said:

I've finally started Earthbound, and it's really fun, but I don't like beating up stray dogs ? It's a really quirky and weird game, too. Right up my alley.

Still getting into VPW2, as well. I like the Challenge mode or whatever, basically the Season/Story mode, but just like every other wrestling game, I hate tag team matches. Mainly because the frame rate drops when I do those, due to the camera expanding to a zoomed out view, but other than that it's so, so, so much fun. I've finally figured out how to do finishers too, which took me way too long to figure out. I knew it was the taunt button, but didn't realize you had to do a strong grapple first. But that makes sense, so of course it took me a few days. I wish there were websites that had modern CAWs for the game. I've seen some YouTube channels that has people like Naito and Omega, though.

Have you discovered the super finishers yet?

I also really liked the challenge mode.  So much stuff to unlock.

Downtown Hockey Club rules.  But how is Hiroshi not the weakest character in the game?

I feel like online play for the Kunio Sports games has a LOT of potential for this board, especially with the "quality up" version of Super Dodge Ball/Kunio's Dodge Ball Club since it has 4p mode and no slowdown or line flicker 

• Like 1

Finished the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. Even collected all items and completed all of the tombs.

Backlog is now: Sekiro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 3, and The Outer Worlds. We're not going to count me buying Zone of the Enders 2 or the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection from the PS4 sale either.

Any suggestions on what to try next?