DVDVR Message Board

2020 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

SirSmUgly

11 hours ago, Casey said:

It's exactly on par in health and damage taken when compared to the Samurai Clan armor (except the Samurai Clan armor grants 30% resolves when you TAKE damage), except that the Sakai Clan armor has the standoff perks like you said. Which I guess you'd need for the "kill the maximum amount of enemies during a standoff" trophy?

Sakai clan armor has a major increase to melee damage as well.

Ghost Armor was my stealth armor of choice, and once I start stealthing I didn't switch it even if I alert everyone. So if I was going to just walk into a place and start slicing up people I put on Sakai, otherwise I was usually in Ghost. The Terrifying perk is almost game breaking but so much fun.

My PS4 was so damn loud. Cleaned out the fan with compressed air and now it's pretty fucking quiet. Mine is a launch, so I get your fears. The first one I got on launch day was one of the very small number that were sabotaged by (rightfully) pissed off Taiwanese interns working at Sony, so I'm always concerned about its longevity. Super easy. Just need the right screwdrivers and the compressed air.

Do you think that could be at least part of the problem?

Possibly? It's been running really hot for a long while now. Even watching the WWE Network makes it run hot. It also either hangs on startup or crashes more than it should, but that could be due to whatever games I'm playing. I'll at least crack it open to clean it to see if that helps. I wouldn't be surprised to see the inside crudded up with dust or cat hair that got sucked into it somehow.

• Like 1

I still have a launch PS4 (I never get mid-generational upgrades, too cheap) and it does great. For about a year it would randomly spit out a physical game even if I was in the middle of playing it, which was annoying, but it suddenly stopped doing that. But I currently don't have any pets which I assume the fan appreciates.

11 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Yer nuts, Tabe.

I know I am.  But I'm still right about F-Zero.

Super Monaco GP, which came out a year before:

Super Monaco GP – Megadrive Review – Retro Resolution: video gaming

F-Zero:

F-Zero (SNES) - online game | RetroGames.cz

I'm not saying Super Monaco GP is a better game.  Just saying it looks better.

11 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Oh, and for those of you not completely against the Epic Games Store (and who like strategy games), Total War: TROY releases at 9 AM eastern and is FREE for the first 24 hours.

Also, free for a week: 

Remnant From the Ashes

The Alto Collection

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

I know I am.  But I'm still right about F-Zero.

Super Monaco GP, which came out a year before:

Super Monaco GP – Megadrive Review – Retro Resolution: video gaming

F-Zero:

F-Zero (SNES) - online game | RetroGames.cz

I'm not saying Super Monaco GP is a better game.  Just saying it looks better.

Blast Processing > Super FX

• Haha 2