DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

RIPPA

You know how some people don't know they're funny? Like a shoot version of Karl Pilkington, everyone around them is creased up laughing and they stand there all confused not knowing what they said?

Triple H, he's the polar opposite of that. He doesn't know he's not funny. He thinks he is in fact, hilarious. Hence those shitty comments about Paige having children she doesn't know about. And also this:

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

WCW 1999 had me convinced Enos was finally going to get that big push.

At the time I would watch all WWF and WCW programming and make a Top 30 list based off kayfabe wins and losses and Enos had that run where he was right beneath the World Champions because he beat everyone he faced and looked so good doing it, I thought they were quietly trying to start another Goldberg run.  Then he would get jobbed out to Goldberg or someone and plummet down the list.   Had no idea at the time that he was one of those goofy Beverly Brothers 

• Like 1

NSFW:

What a match the Street Fight was between Triple H and Cactus Jack with THAT ending. In Mick Foley's second book called Foley is Good, he says there were 2 barbed wire 2x4: 1 with real barbed wire and 1 fake. You could tell watching it as when the legit one is hidden by the Spanish announcers with the barbed wire hanging off, it's given back and its tightly wrapped round again. Foley went on to say it still left dents in Triple H's forehead and because of that, HHH regretted not getting hit with the real deal as he would at No Way Out 2000.

Royal Rumble 2000 was a big deal for the UK because it was the first PPV to be shown on Channel 4, a terrestrial TV channel with a contract from 2000-2001 showing four PPV events. I was 14 in January 2000 and woke up to see the Royal Rumble and then went to school sleep deprived. Channel 4 were horrified by the Royal Rumble 2000 content, this was the Attitude Era Channel 4. This led to Backlash 2000 on a 40 minute delay, freeze framing weapon shots like Trish Stratus getting put through a table and digitising X-Pac's bloody forehead. Due to all the complaints, edits weren't made from that point on. Sky got the rights back to those four events in January 2002 but made them actually PPVs on Sky Box Office.

• Like 2

Seriously that Steiners vs Enos/Scott Norton match is so much fun

Norton has a hurt elbow so the Steiners start targeting it (at one point they rip his elbow pad off and it is the world's ugliest looking bruise) so Norton gets taken out via injury (this is right where the GIF starts).

Enos suddenly turns into the hossiest Ricky Morton and the crowd is suddenly all about it. Eventually Enos eats the top rope bulldog and you - the viewer - and the crowd can see Norton charging back to the ring with his elbow taped up and he gets back in just time to make the save and the crowd goes mental. Then it is a few minutes of 4 beefy dudes beating on each other.

God wrestling is great sometimes

(The clipped version is on Youtube)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

D'oh!

I prefer this one:.

Pity they used the tv cut. You don't get to see just how Kairi manages to land on her feet perfectly and then does the safe signal. She noticeably dropped this move not long after.

• Like 1