DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

RIPPA

18 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I mean, really, this could be any match; but was this the one where Sandman is tripping on acid, calling Sabu "lizard"?

I'm not sure if this was from the Stairway to Hell match or not. I was just thinking about that the other day. It was Godzilla that Sander thought Sabu had turned into. The end of that match was one of only two times I ever saw the ECW crowd get disturbed by, the other one being Born to Be Wired. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm not sure if this was from the Stairway to Hell match or not. I was just thinking about that the other day. It was Godzilla that Sander thought Sabu had turned into. The end of that match was one of only two times I ever saw the ECW crowd get disturbed by, the other one being Born to Be Wired. 

I can imagine the Twitter/Reddit reaction today if a match with a wrestler that was so obviously as off as Sandman was took place on a major show or even higher-profile indie. I rewatched that match for the first time in quite a few years recently and was even more horrified by how completely not conscious Sandman seemed during the match, between him just falling down when getting whipped into the ropes and his selling consisting of just standing there zoned the fuck out. Even concussed Kairi at TLC didnt seem as gone as Sandman here. 

At least Necro Butcher a couple of weeks ago was just skinny and gaunt but he never looked like he was possibly not aware that he was in a wrestling ring. 

• Like 3

Them going into the crowd and the bumps they took would have been shat on from a great height. At the same time I honestly think it's a good match, even though it's a train wreck. The finish with the guy with the broken jaw getting cracked in the mouth works perfectly on a psychological level, and it seemed like nothing else was gonna bring down Sabu. The image of a destroyed Sandman standing there the picture of agony with barbed wire hanging around his head, the crowd starts to murmur and Joey just quietly goes "oh my God..." -- that is a hell of a moment. 

Why someone would wrestle on LSD is completely beyond me. But then, this is the same dude that had Raven fix him up with a megadose of Oxys in a gas station bathroom and then died twice from it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Them going into the crowd and the bumps they took would have been shat on from a great height. At the same time I honestly think it's a good match, even though it's a train wreck. The finish with the guy with the broken jaw getting cracked in the mouth works perfectly on a psychological level, and it seemed like nothing else was gonna bring down Sabu. The image of a destroyed Sandman standing there the picture of agony with barbed wire hanging around his head, the crowd starts to murmur and Joey just quietly goes "oh my God..." -- that is a hell of a moment. 

Why someone would wrestle on LSD is completely beyond me. But then, this is the same dude that had Raven fix him up with a megadose of Oxys in a gas station bathroom and then died twice from it. 

Stairway to Hell at ECW Arena is incredible but the match I was talking about and the one I am pretty sure is the LSD/Godzilla match was the November to Remember disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

I can imagine the Twitter/Reddit reaction today if a match with a wrestler that was so obviously as off as Sandman was took place on a major show or even higher-profile indie. I rewatched that match for the first time in quite a few years recently and was even more horrified by how completely not conscious Sandman seemed during the match, between him just falling down when getting whipped into the ropes and his selling consisting of just standing there zoned the fuck out. Even concussed Kairi at TLC didnt seem as gone as Sandman here. 

At least Necro Butcher a couple of weeks ago was just skinny and gaunt but he never looked like he was possibly not aware that he was in a wrestling ring. 

What about Jeff Hardy being in no condition to perform against Sting at that TNA PPV?

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

Stairway to Hell at ECW Arena is incredible but the match I was talking about and the one I am pretty sure is the LSD/Godzilla match was the November to Remember disaster. 

Thank you for clearing that up, I guess I've never seen it. Sandman was probably just drunk as usual for Stairway to Hell and thus why it was okay. I had heard they did two matches and one was especially bad so I guess that's N2R... which I am gonna try and dig up ASAP. 

EDIT: And of course there's a total of less than two minutes of it from WWE.com floating around out there.

Edited by Curt McGirt

5 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Yeah, the Sandmam/Sabu at the November 2 Remember 1997 was the disaster match.

EDIT: Keeping the typo error in. 

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

What about Jeff Hardy being in no condition to perform against Sting at that TNA PPV?

jhvs-08.gif

Sting handled that so well, dragging Jeff Hardy by his hair into the Scorpion Death Drop and holding down Hardy for the pin as Jeff tried kicking out at TNA Victory Road 2011. Sting gave Hardy such a death glare afterwards. Sting was a professional and Jeff Hardy was a fucking disgrace.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, the Sandmam/Sabu at the November 2 Remember 1997 was the disaster match.

EDIT: Keeping the typo error in. 

"The Sandma'am" is such a good indie gimmick that I am giddy just thinking about it.

- PATENTPENDINGCOPYRIGHTTRADEMARKPRIORUSE,

RAF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

jhvs-08.gif

Sting handled that so well, dragging Jeff Hardy by his hair into the Scorpion Death Drop and holding down Hardy for the pin as Jeff tried kicking out at TNA Victory Road 2011. Sting gave Hardy such a death glare afterwards. Sting was a professional and Jeff Hardy was a fucking disgrace.

09:09 for that. Hope admin won't mind this. Sting handled it so well. Jeff Hardy was lucky it wasn't somebody else.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

d10def75d0b84b9c8c3054fbf144fd78f9d1d5f5

Reminds me of the JAPW match where Matt Striker tried to use the iron claw on his opponent, who grabbed Striker's hand and forced him to use it on himself. ?