DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Photos

RIPPA

The intention of these threads when they were initially started many moons ago was to post interesting/cool photos stolen from Reddit and maybe have some discussion around them as seen fit

That isn't what they have been for far too long. Instead now it is a constant spamming of photos of people we find sexually attractive. (Not to mention the constant ignoring of my request to use spoiler tags for a variety of reasons.)

So consider this your one month morning. If things continue as they have been, there won't be a February thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I thought you would start the year with that Ernie Ladd photo.

Also — Perhaps also a plea for restraint to post when you find something interesting to share, not a random Joshi match or mundane picture of a 90s WWF Star. 

Edited by odessasteps

On 1/1/2020 at 3:07 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Let's get the year started out right then

(In spoiler tags because it's fuckin' bloody) 

Hide contents

tumblr_padmviWCsx1qcztrfo1_400.jpg

I tried to find the Ladd photo but no dice.

This is a legit great shot, and I remember being into the match, but the finish was kind of weird.

I never quite understood if Fujinami's knee from the top missed or if Tenryu had one of these fighting spirit moment where he is unphased by it. This was not too far after Tenryu beat Inoki with a Powerbomb only for Inoki to kick out right after three and trying to pin Tenryu without any moves. So I guess it wasn't Tenryu's weirdest mid-90ies New Japan Finish, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Tenryu beat Inoki with a Powerbomb only for Inoki to kick out right after three and trying to pin Tenryu without any moves

Que? Alright, I'm gonna have to see that. I can imagine the Ego-Oni within Inoki (oh shit, he even has Oni backwards in his name) going batshit inside him and making him immediately lose his mind and attempt to win even though he just lost.

I feel like if this is what Cesaro is switching to and Kassius Ohno is now doing the "wrestling genius" gimmick they should just stop fucking around and do a rebooted Kings of Wrestling

• Like 7

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

ENOc4lXVAAAxMwk?format=jpg&name=large

That moment you realize we're a (very probable) Killer Kross signing away from having at least 2 Ingobernables members in all but 2 major North American running feds.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2