DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

7 hours ago, BEN! said:

If the Undertakers asked for a yearly fee on the name instead of being marks and asking to work matches then they really would've made out.  Or The Undertaker would've gotten a different name.

40 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Pretty sure if the Undertakers took the yearly fee, Vince wouldn't have paid a single year.  At least they got a few paydays out of it.

Seems like par for the course with that gimmick- wasn't there also some guy in 2011 who had the trademark to the nickname "The Last Outlaw" when WWE wanted it for The Undertaker. They offered him a flat fee of $25,000 for the trademark, he demanded a development deal instead.

So they gave him the deal, cut him after three months, and only had to pay him $4,500 total.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BEN! said:

And hasn't Slaughter been invited to the White House multiple times?  If there was something questionable about his service record then you'd think someone would've caught it then.

Mr. Wrestling II was invited to the White House, and it turns out he was convicted of a felony in Hawaii that means he's on the sex offender registry. I'm not kidding.

(Of course Wrestling 2 refused to go because he wouldn't unmask, which, true or not, is a pretty stellar story)

Maybe I should have used the "John Wayne Gacy and the First Lady at Polish Constitution Day" example here but.

27 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

So what's the scuttlebutt with Marty Scurrl and Luke Harper?  Where they ending up?  

Meltz yesterday:

Marty Scurll has not signed a new contract but it very close. The deal will include him wrestling in ROH, New Japan and NWA. There looks to be more than that as well as the door contractually would not be closed to AEW.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I thought it was Cain the Undertaker. 

The show after Survivor Series Vince was raving about the incredible debut of "Cain (or Kane)."  No Undertaker reference at all. Survivor Series he was The Undertaker.  His first Superstars appearance he was "Cain The Undertaker."  Then Cain was dropped.  

It's amazing how I can remember that and not know where I parked my car when I get off from work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Without having personally witnessed this spectacle of stuck-up behaviour, I'll say that I don't have a problem with wrestlers setting personal boundaries with fans.

Relevant: 

Hide contents

HsbyTHiOiwZatRHqPetSP5EdPldXWBHp7-KtWkU9

Not sure if WM access fan photo, or mail order bride wedding photo

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am sure that Moose is a good person but god sometimes he comes off the like the dumbest fucker in the business

Again if was designed as a smear campaign wouldn't it be smarter to do AFTER she wins the title.  I mean I doubt anyone believes that they have the power to change the Impact booking decisions.

Imagine being in a match against Sami Calihan and being the more controversial person in the match 

I used to work security at a club he frequented here in Atlanta, when he played for the Falcons. He'd be the dumbest fucker in a lot of businesses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1