DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Someone in a reply to Dave pointed out that this was the quarter where the TV money kicked in. If the quarter is disappointing enough to scapegoat the co-presidents of the company even with the TV money flowing in then it must be pretty bad.

• Like 1

I want to know Network numbers because honestly, they basically murdered their PPV business in shifting all PPVs over to streaming. It's a great idea if you have a product compelling enough to get 1.5M+ people to pay a monthly sub for it on top of their cable/Sling/etc. bills to watch RAW. If you don't, you just threw away a lot of "sell WM for $60USD each year" money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

Ehhh we're not looking at the big picture here anyway.

WWE failed to buy NOAH and DDT succeeded in buying NOAH

DDT>WWE

But we all already knew that.

Wait, really?

Wrestling is fuckin' weird.

4 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I want to know Network numbers because honestly, they basically murdered their PPV business in shifting all PPVs over to streaming. It's a great idea if you have a product compelling enough to get 1.5M+ people to pay a monthly sub for it on top of their cable/Sling/etc. bills to watch RAW. If you don't, you just threw away a lot of "sell WM for $60USD each year" money. 

I was surprised when they mentioned live PPVs were going to be apart of the Network. I always felt like they were leaving money on the table and they'd probably the same amount of current subscribers if they had never decided to stream the PPVs. My coworker last time I checked still buys PPVs, I've been telling him for years about it, he's in his 60s and I don't think he wants to deal with all the technology. I've had the network since April 2014 outside of most of the Saudi shows and some of the house show specials I haven't missed a PPV I probably wouldve never spent money on a PPV but some people would rather not deal with the Network