DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

So Edge's neck just was magically repaired to the extent where Edge signed a 3 year deal?

I like how he went from never wrestling again because his neck was like Paige's where one bad bump could be catastrophic to being an active wrestler again. Of course, I'm assuming he'll be an active wrestler, but he could very well be semi-active or he could have a non-wrestling role.

Odd how that guy recognised Sammy, knew that the next AEW PPV was called Revolution, but didn't recognise the Steiner Maths promo. Perhaps the legend of the 141 2/3% chance of winnin, for all its reach amongst Maths fans, has less reach within Wrestling fandom. 

Edited by AxB
fandom, not random. bloody autocorrect. Time for another really long Reason for Edit section? Why not. Shame there's a word limit really. You could do footnotes or something.

At the very least for Edge, STOP DOING THE SPEAR. Fine, you did it last night, but you have other finishers you can use. Him continuing the spear is just asking for something awful to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

At the very least for Edge, STOP DOING THE SPEAR. Fine, you did it last night, but you have other finishers you can use. Him continuing the spear is just asking for something awful to happen.

I never cared for Edge's spear anyway. He doesn't have the right kind of build for it. The spear looks best when done by someone thick like Goldberg or Rhino

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I never cared for Edge's spear anyway. He doesn't have the right kind of build for it. The spear looks best when done by someone thick like Goldberg or Rhino

Exactly. I think Roman pulls it off well enough too because he also has a larger frame.

Gargano is another I don't like doing the spear, but at least his is a slingshot spear.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

So Edge's neck just was magically repaired to the extent where Edge signed a 3 year deal?

I like how he went from never wrestling again because his neck was like Paige's where one bad bump could be catastrophic to being an active wrestler again. Of course, I'm assuming he'll be an active wrestler, but he could very well be semi-active or he could have a non-wrestling role.

What I read was that he's signed to do a handful of matches and tv appearances a year.

• Like 1

The full list of stuff announced for RAW

- Edge appearance

- Rollins/Murphy vs. Joe/KO - Tag Title Match

- Liv Morgan vs Lana

They are also implying that both Drew and Charlotte will announce who they are facing at Mania tonight

Was Van Hammer's failure to get over in WCW in the early 90s more to do with the fact that Maxx Payne was also there and doing a more credible Heavy Metal gimmick at the same time (thus making Van Hammer look like a plastic poser by comparison), or more to do with the fact that he wasn't very good at the graps?

The DDP's Christmas Party story is still funny though. Van Hammer got drunk and started loudly, obnoxiously telling everyone how he should have been WCW World Champ because he was the best and biggest star, but he got backstabbed and politicked out of his push. Then Lord Steven Regal knocked him out cold. With a headbutt.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Was Van Hammer's failure to get over in WCW in the early 90s more to do with the fact that Maxx Payne was also there and doing a more credible Heavy Metal gimmick at the same time (thus making Van Hammer look like a plastic poser by comparison), or more to do with the fact that he wasn't very good at the graps?

Hell, JT Southern was more credible in the gimmick. He exposed Hammer badly when they feuded.

• Thanks 1