DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No

It is all Nicholson claiming that Harry Smith told him this. The claim is both were drunk and then also implying that Patterson is going senile

He said that Smith "wasn't able to Skype right now" so he just relayed the info

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Pat pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

that is painful to hear, sad.   I attend all of the PTG meetings etc, and if this ever happened to my kid I would own the school. If my kid was hit and got suspended for it you could bet your ass at minimum the local media would be involved.  I feel like some parents aren't involved enough and don't want to fight with the school over a suspension. This empowers the bullies to do exactly as you say and keep doing their shit.   Hard to get someone to defend a kid being bullied if they know they will get suspended for doing so.  Instead you get a bunch of kids filming an assault on their phones. 

This. I feel like if parents get involved, the school caves. When my stepdaughter was 7, three boys were bullying here on the playground and made her feel unsafe. Calling her names, hitting her with a soccer ball, throwing dirt at her, etc. She got sick of it, chased them down and kicked them all in the balls. She was going to get suspended right along with the boys until my wife went to the school and raised holy hell over it and the school dropped her suspension. We've always told her to defend herself and that she'll never get in trouble with us for doing so.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

This. I feel like if parents get involved, the school caves. When my stepdaughter was 7, three boys were bullying here on the playground and made her feel unsafe. Calling her names, hitting her with a soccer ball, throwing dirt at her, etc. She got sick of it, chased them down and kicked them all in the balls. She was going to get suspended right along with the boys until my wife went to the school and raised holy hell over it and the school dropped her suspension. We've always told her to defend herself and that she'll never get in trouble with us for doing so.

I'd buy you a million beers if I could.  I told my daughter the same and now she is in martial arts 3 nights a week so that she can defend herself. She has ADHD really bad and I didn't want her to have to deal with bullies AND I certainly don't want her to be a bully.  Due to her ADHD she is hyper and the school has suspended her for garbage multiple times. Finally I called the superindendent and threatened a lawsuit.  He looked into an incident and found my daughter wasn't even in the room when the projector broke (a teacher accused her of breaking a projector).   I made him have the teacher apologize to my daughter in front of the whole class.  I also go to every school board meeting and event so that the school sees I care. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

My 6th grade daughter is a bit overweight.

A 7th grade boy called her "fat."

"Well, you're stupid and ugly, and I can lose weight" was her reply.

When the teacher told me this in the meeting afterwards, where they were explaining that they were going to discipline her as well as the boy, after laughing my ass off, I said, "Yeah, nothing will be happening to my daughter, is what you're telling me."  Nothing happened.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nate said:

My 6th grade daughter is a bit overweight.

A 7th grade boy called her "fat."

"Well, you're stupid and ugly, and I can lose weight" was her reply.

When the teacher told me this in the meeting afterwards, where they were explaining that they were going to discipline her as well as the boy, after laughing my ass off, I said, "Yeah, nothing will be happening to my daughter, is what you're telling me."  Nothing happened.

That's actually a solid build to a match. I'd pay $4.99 to see it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Forget podcasts and Shoot Interviews , I think the WWE network should do a Vince McMahon Watch along. Have a sit down and watch old PPV and comment on whatever he was thinking. Every month they pick an old PPV that would be dope.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Forget podcasts and Shoot Interviews , I think the WWE network should do a Vince McMahon Watch along. Have a sit down and watch old PPV and comment on whatever he was thinking. Every month they pick an old PPV that would be dope.

Or have a split screen of a live PPV, with the right side being the actual show and the left side a stationary cam on Vince in Gorilla. I’d pay good money to watch that. As kooky and outdated as the old man is, he’s still an absolutely fascinating human being.

• Like 1

One of my nephews is high functioning autistic and graduated high school last year. He was the first in our family to actually finish all 12 grades and get his diploma since I did it in 1995. It has nothing to do with wrestling, but fuck it I love the kid and I'm proud of him. Autistics are human beings too, and a lot of them are damn good human beings if you take the time to get to know them and understand how to communicate with them. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Peck said:

Or have a split screen of a live PPV, with the right side being the actual show and the left side a stationary cam on Vince in Gorilla. I’d pay good money to watch that. As kooky and outdated as the old man is, he’s still an absolutely fascinating human being.

If he died tomorrow, I'd feel short changed. We've barely scratched the surface.

I'm not sure if this just came out, but I was unaware that Tetsuya Naito had a fairly serious surgery on his right eye within the past few months. He had double vision since May. Talks about it here. One of the muscles above the eye was paralyzed. Almost a Milano Collection AT situation, but thankfully surgery worked.

https://www.njpw1972.com/70435

She probably asked him why he held back afterwards and put his ass into it. Man, all three of those people are deceased. That's depressing for many reasons.

Edit: Okay, four, I didn't notice Moolah at first.

Edited by Ryan
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Peck said:

They have 10 alternative language options. It wouldn't be that hard to add the production feed to that sap list 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

She probably asked him why he held back afterwards and put his ass into it. Man, all three of those people are deceased. That's depressing for many reasons.

Edit: Okay, four, I didn't notice Moolah at first.

This and I remember reports of them getting backstage heat for dislocating Pat Patterson's shoulder with the press into the Samoan drop.

12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

If we could go back in time and get “He’s gonna puke” Vince this would be great. 
Otherwise I doubt Vince would remember anything too detailed about any show that’s not a recent Wrestlemania or an angle he was involved in.

If he did the company as a whole would have shown at some point to learn from it’s mistakes which it never has. Not everyone has a Bret Hart level memory of things. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

That definitely brings up this memory. Yeesh. 

DO5sqF9.gif

I understand them wanting to  finally get away from WWFs Polynesian stereotype gimmick but I wish they had come in as the Island Boys. I remember reading about them in the Apter mags during their HWA run. They didn't get to work together long enough on the Main Roster. Rosey was so over teaming with Hurricane. He was doing split legged moonsaults. We know Umaga was good probably the best of his family but Rosey was very good too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

What's the best final four in Royal Rumble history? I personally loved the endings to 2007 and 2018. I haven't watched them all. Watching 1998 as I type this. 

May not be the best but my personal fave was 2002: Stone Cold, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Mr Perfect. Seeing Hennig, one of my faves ever, return and get so far was a great moment, I wish he'd stuck around.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I understand them wanting to  finally get away from WWFs Polynesian stereotype gimmick but I wish they had come in as the Island Boys. I remember reading about them in the Apter mags during their HWA run. They didn't get to work together long enough on the Main Roster. Rosey was so over teaming with Hurricane. He was doing split legged moonsaults. We know Umaga was good probably the best of his family but Rosey was very good too.

Rosey was athletic, but I honestly can't recall him being actively good in matches. i remember his AJPW run was pretty weak. Also I always preferred the non Islander gimmicks from them.