DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

13 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

https://www.etsy.com/MulletTee/listing/495211506/world-famous-sportatorium-dallas-texas?utm_campaign=Share&utm_medium=social_organic&utm_source=MSMT&utm_term=so.smt&share_time=1578865222000

Here is the link from his twitter.  If you aren't following him on twitter I'd recommend it. He's uploaded some classic GWF matches lately including one of his father vs Patriot. I don't remember ever seeing the match prior.  

Also I have to ask is your screen name based off of the song by Glassjaw?

Thanks. I just followed him.

It's a reference to a HIM song. I joined the board when I was in high school and just used the same name when the relaunch happened. Love Glassjaw but I wasn't listening to them much until a college friend played them for me. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Pretty much every major world title has had at least a couple of questionable holders.

If it counts as a world championship, my pick is probably the NXT title. Not an Arquette or Jinder in the bunch. 

Adam Cole won’t reach the heights Mahal did on a show that matters. Take that to the bank...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Pretty much every major world title has had at least a couple of questionable holders.

If it counts as a world championship, my pick is probably the NXT title. Not an Arquette or Jinder in the bunch. 

With NXT as World Championship, there's also the question mark since if NXT's titles count, you'd have a case to claim the NXT Women's Championship is the pick:

It's always been sold as equal to the NXT men's championship (so the "but it's the women's title" doesn't count), and there's not only no questionable titleholders in the NXT Women's title history thus far and everyone who did hold the title being a worthy champion, but more specifically it's basically the one title in the modern era which you can truly say elevates the titleholder and makes them special, by virtue of holding that title belt. (That's a big difference, because with other major titles, the questionable holders drag it down- but if the title has that presence, the questionable titleholders get raised up by "well, they are good enough to hold this title, there must be SOMETHING there!"

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Well, it looks like Jervis Cottonbelly is getting outed for being pretty scummy on Twitter....

he actually was pissed because he sent money to a guy to make him gear/boots  and the guy never sent the gear after Jervis paid. I know he was pissed about it and posted something. A few other workers chimed in about the gear maker saying they had been scammed by him as well. 

29 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

he actually was pissed because he sent money to a guy to make him gear/boots  and the guy never sent the gear after Jervis paid. I know he was pissed about it and posted something. A few other workers chimed in about the gear maker saying they had been scammed by him as well. 

That's not it. Jervis has been accused of sexual harrassment/being a sex pest.

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

That's not it. Jervis has been accused of sexual harrassment/being a sex pest.

oh shit, I didn't even hear about this. The girl who cuts my hair went to college with him and said he always was into wrestling but was "a little different"  never would have guessed him for a sex pest though. 

I read it was the other Jervis, and not the original Jervis who got into it with Quack, and basically became the L.A. Park of the American Indy scene.

Edit: No wait, maybe it is the Jervis I’m thinking of. AKA The Jervis that got into it with Quack.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

I read the Superstar Graham and Devin Nicolson (not the best sources) say that Vince and Pat Patterson made a scene at Rocky Johnson's funeral. Has anyone reputable reported that?

No

It is all Nicholson claiming that Harry Smith told him this. The claim is both were drunk and then also implying that Patterson is going senile

He said that Smith "wasn't able to Skype right now" so he just relayed the info

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No

It is all Nicholson claiming that Harry Smith told him this. The claim is both were drunk and then also implying that Patterson is going senile

He said that Smith "wasn't able to Skype right now" so he just relayed the info

Well, if he's going to name names then either Harry backs that up as being true or the guy is full of shit.  This being wrestling I tend to lean towards the latter though it is Vince we're talking about.

Guys, I'm sure your dong is the most glorious dong that has ever graced the Earth, but unless someone tells you, "Hey, lemme see that hog," you can safely assume that no one wants to see it*, so just go ahead and put it away. They are not aesthetically pleasing, and no one likes to get blindsided by dicks when they're checking their texts. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

*This does not apply to Dave Bautista, because let's face it, we're all a little curious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I was bullied. Bullies are the fucking worst. Best wishes to the kid, his family and good on Bray Wyatt for doing that.

Good on Bray.  What sucks in today's world is that the kids who stand up to bullies get suspended too.  My daughter takes martial arts and one of the Asian kids at the dojo was picked on repeatedly. When he fought back he was the one who was suspended. The sensai (Danillo Villefort)  went to the school and said that his students don't attack but they aren't going to sit around and get hit either. The school ended up apologizing the the boy and his family.  Crazy world we live in. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Good on Bray.  What sucks in today's world is that the kids who stand up to bullies get suspended too.  My daughter takes martial arts and one of the Asian kids at the dojo was picked on repeatedly. When he fought back he was the one who was suspended. The sensai (Danillo Villefort)  went to the school and said that his students don't attack but they aren't going to sit around and get hit either. The school ended up apologizing the the boy and his family.  Crazy world we live in. 

Honestly, it's further than that and with zero tolerance rules, even the students who sit around and get hit will be suspended for getting in a fight because the other person hit them. (Hell, some groups of bullies make zero tolerance rules part of their bullying: 5-10 bullies get together, and one day each bully will attack the victim- so they each get one day suspension and the victim gets a day per bully, then repeat.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, it's further than that and with zero tolerance rules, even the students who sit around and get hit will be suspended for getting in a fight because the other person hit them. (Hell, some groups of bullies make zero tolerance rules part of their bullying: 5-10 bullies get together, and one day each bully will attack the victim- so they each get one day suspension and the victim gets a day per bully, then repeat.)

that is painful to hear, sad.   I attend all of the PTG meetings etc, and if this ever happened to my kid I would own the school. If my kid was hit and got suspended for it you could bet your ass at minimum the local media would be involved.  I feel like some parents aren't involved enough and don't want to fight with the school over a suspension. This empowers the bullies to do exactly as you say and keep doing their shit.   Hard to get someone to defend a kid being bullied if they know they will get suspended for doing so.  Instead you get a bunch of kids filming an assault on their phones. 

• Like 2