DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Well we have a get drunk and post themes thread but not a got drunk and fantasy booked while asleep thread, so here goes:

BUSHI, EVIL, KENTA and captain DOUKI literally invade AEW by pulling up to Jericho’s cruise ship in a tugboat Somali pirate style. These guys - “The Capitals” - raise hell and reign over AEW for a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile all the Dark Order, Butcher and Blade, Nightmare Collective shit comes together and reveals themselves as members the cult ‘the lower case’.

The Capitals and the lower case come to blows when DOUKI accidentally trips Taskmaster Meng. That leads to a big Wyatts/Shield-style staredown the next week wherein the evil mastermind of the lower case is revealed - Sans  Serif. 

This all culminates in a War Games match where the lower case wins when Meng literally rips DOUKI’s throat out with the Tongan.

Sans Serif is Colonel Parker.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

So Big Show (and DDP?) just made the 'Wrestled in Four Decades' list, and I think Tommy Dreamer also wrestled already this year. Obviously Liger has worked in Five Decades now. Anyone got anyone else? Chris Daniels & AJ Styles started in the 90s, didn't they?

Bryan, Kendrick, and RVD would all be '90s as well. Jericho will be working on the cruise. Probably quite a few I'm forgetting who have already slipped into the four decade club or are about to. Hardys, etc. 

Guys like Hogan and Flair having one more would get them in the six decade club. I think there's been talk that both guys are open to it.

Edit: Regarding potential four decade guys, Cagematch has Cena working one UPW match as Prototype in 1999.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

1 hour ago, AxB said:

So Big Show (and DDP?) just made the 'Wrestled in Four Decades' list, and I think Tommy Dreamer also wrestled already this year. Obviously Liger has worked in Five Decades now. Anyone got anyone else? Chris Daniels & AJ Styles started in the 90s, didn't they?

Emi Sakura & Meiko Satomura are at 4. Aja Kong, Mayumi Ozaki, KAORU, Kaoru Ito, & Kyoko Inoue are at 5. Jaguar Yokota is at 6.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Kojika already has 7 decades and Fujiwara and Fuchi have 6 decades. I am sure that there are other Japanese wrestlers that already got their 6. decade already (though Fujiwara does not as of yet according to Cagematch). I am also sure there are a bunch of current Lucha 6-decaders. Satanico, for example, has already made his seventh decade.

Another obvious Japanese 6-decader: Koshinaka. And another one: Hiro Saito. And obviously I forgot Mr. Liar himself.

Edited by Robert s
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

This is random: I've looked around for the Shinobu Kandori/Jackie Sato match in full where Kandori deliberately beats holy hell out of Sato in revenge for that eye injury. Is there a full version of that match online anywhere that anyone knows? I've only done a few basic searches. 

This it?

• Thanks 1

She must be counting house shows or something.  I haven't noticed a lot of L's for Charlotte.  

The booking of Charlotte Flair has been a hot topic as of late starting with Corey Graves saying that it appears she is going through the motions and isn't as dominant as once was. That contrasts with others who think that Charlotte is booked too strongly which doesn't give others on the female roster a chance to shine.

Charlotte was asked about being booked too strongly by Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda. Before he could get the full question out, she jumped in and cut a promo.

"Ok, are you ready for a promo? Here is my exclusive promo. If you look at my stats, I have the highest losing record out of anyone on the roster," Charlotte noted. "I think a detriment to me, which is also a positive, is that I am consistent. I am consistent. I am never hurt and I am always here.

"It's almost like, yes that is awesome, but at the same time I've never had the opportunity for the fans to miss me because I'm always here. That's what people forget. Yes, I won a match this week and they're like, 'Oh she wins [all the time].' But that's not been the case. Actually, I've lost more matches than any female booked currently. It's crazy.

"I think with the stigma of the [Flair] name always being in the title picture… but like I said, I'm consistent and a workaholic. It's a good thing but it's a bad thing."

Ric Flair also talked about the stigma of the Flair name when weighing in on Corey Graves' comments on her. Ric said that because of his last name, Charlotte has to work twice as hard and be twice as good in order to get approval in the fans' eyes.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

This it?

I think it is? They did have multiple matches together, and I've only seen one of them where Sato injured Kandori's eye. 

'80s Joshi is not really my territory, tbh. But thank you. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She must be counting house shows or something.  I haven't noticed a lot of L's for Charlotte.  

She is. Taking a look at her cagematch, she loses probably 80-90% of house shows and dark matches. Tv wise she is probably about where someone at her status should be.

47 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She is. Taking a look at her cagematch, she loses probably 80-90% of house shows and dark matches. Tv wise she is probably about where someone at her status should be.

House shows don't count unless they want them to count.  I thought it was odd that Graves had such a problem with her recent booking,  most women would kill for it. 

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The earliest match listed on Cagematch is a short house show loss to Z-Man in 1991. Wikipedia has him wrestling Dick Slater in '89. 

I thought he even did a little bit in the late 70ies. Here is a link to an article plus youtube interview (he says so within the first minute):

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/01/ddp-on-wrestling-for-six-decades-664847/

Edited by Robert s