DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hunter had a nice run but that "joke" is going to be a problem for him. 

Like breh, you're the COO or whatever of a publicly-traded company. You can't do that shit.

Then again, the nature of the business itself (and the fact that no one in any form of power takes it seriously) means that he can do that shit, I guess. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Like breh, you're the COO or whatever of a publicly-traded company. You can't do that shit.

Then again, the nature of the business itself (and the fact that no one in any form of power takes it seriously) means that he can do that shit, I guess. 

Not that the joke is acceptable in any way but...

Trip is the VP in charge of talent and development.   He isnt the COO, that's a kayfabe position.

• Thanks 2

Confused as to the rules of the Fist Fight on Raw tonight?

The “Fist Fight,” which will be Monday’s main event, is no-holds-barred, no disqualification, no count-outs, no pinfalls and no submissions — a first in the industry, a WWE spokesman told TheWrap.

“The match ends when the referee declares that one team is no longer able to continue,” the spokesman said.

Gabe caved? Apparently Evolve are going to pay everyone with money from now on.

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

David Starr 100% shows up in Evolve by the end of the year.

I dunno, considering it looks like Progress just finished with him, I can't see another WWE attached promotion rushing to have him work there.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Gabe caved? Apparently Evolve are going to pay everyone with money from now on.

I dunno, considering it looks like Progress just finished with him, I can't see another WWE attached promotion rushing to have him work there.

I like what I've seen of Starrs work but he's the Wrestler version of Dave Bix. He's to headstrong with the Politics and the Social justice that its gonna hurt him. I agree with some of his view points but dont force you views on people. Keep it separate from the business 

I don't know that "employees should be paid for their work" is a radical agenda to push on the masses, nor that trying to get fairly paid for the work that you do in your business can be kept separate from said business, with all due respect. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I like what I've seen of Starrs work but he's the Wrestler version of Dave Bix. He's to headstrong with the Politics and the Social justice that its gonna hurt him. I agree with some of his view points but dont force you views on people. Keep it separate from the business 

Or, hear me out, he's found his own niche in the industry? Like what is the worst case, half the crowd loves him and half hates him? He doesn't appear to be hurting for work as he works a ton of places.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The rules to a Texas Deathmatch should be pin and then a count of ten begins...    

Odds of us getting color..   zero. 

I always thought a Texas Deathmatch was just a Last Man Standing, wasn't aware of the three count before the 10 count. Cheers

9 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don't want to pile on you, buddy, but this is a bad take.  It's like saying Colin Kaepernick should shut up and stick to football. 

Wrestling's business practices as they relate to how they treat employees haven't changed much in over half a century or more.  That's shitty and more people need to be like Starr and fight for themselves instead of settling for the crumbs Vince throws their way.  The NBA and NFL share about 50% of revenue with players.  WWE has far fewer guys on their roster and I think Meltzer mentioned the exact revenue cut percentage, which I can't remember, but I believe it was in the single digits.  That's disgusting.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

Well it doesn't help Gabe's argument when basically his boss Triple H is doing radio shows telling people that we are only going to kill indies that have bad rings (which has happened in EVOLVE a lot of times) and doesn't pay their workers in the right way.   Unfortunately what Gabe is doing is being done all over the indies paying guys on "exposure".    

The thing that really killed Gabe's argument against Starr is that he brought up that infamous picture of Starr taking a selfie near a Holocaust museum. In order to prove his argument that this is all a gimmick.    Clearly David was upset if you saw the picture but Starr's detractors will always say that if you are as serious as you say you are then you don't do any selfies in that situation.  

Edited by hammerva