DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Do metalheads gatekeep more than other fans, or do I just keep noticing metalheads at the wrong moments?

What did Miz say to provoke such a response from Punk? Just based on who's involved, I'm gonna guess Miz playfully used a feather touch and Punk unloading with both barrells was a disproportionate retaliation. 

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Do metalheads gatekeep more than other fans, or do I just keep noticing metalheads at the wrong moments?

Metalheads are worse gatekeepers than wrestling fans.

They're only *slightly* better than gamers.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What did Miz say to provoke such a response from Punk? Just based on who's involved, I'm gonna guess Miz playfully used a feather touch and Punk unloading with both barrells was a disproportionate retaliation. 

Miz was talking about this being the best episode yet (Because he was involved) and when someone said something about the Punk episode, Miz said “Oh why because I didn’t “change the culture”!” and laughed with Renee and Paige about it.  That was it.  

It's odd, but of all the matches I would want to see Punk in WWE again have him vs. The Miz is one. Miz is great when he drops the over produced babyface stuff and taps into something real. I could easily see him just unload on Punk like he did on Bryan from Talking Smack. 

• Like 5

I certainly credit Punk with helping me discover ROH back in the day and as mentioned a few pages back, bringing me back to watching WWE in 2011, but it blows my mind how seriously that dude takes himself. And after telling Rollins to stop tweeting, and getting KTFO in UFC... It just looks gross man. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nate said:

A man whose last stint in UFC resulted in an involuntary Sloth from Goonies cosplay shouldn't be clapping back so quickly over what was likely a kayfabed jab.

Between his 2 UFC fights and the Teddy Hart story, I don't know why Punk thinks his ass can cash the checks his mouth keeps writing.

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

For someone who portrays himself so woke, he's pretty keen on the casual sexism and homophobia in his angry tweets too.

Punk has always reminded me of this friend of mine, he would state that he considers himself a "feminist" but he only did it because he thought it was the pathway to mad poonanny.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I had totally forgotten the reason WCW signed the deal with Roos is because the company was based in St Louis, Jim Herd’s stomping grounds. And they made Flair and Luger have a match in the Kiel where they had to wear the tennis shoes. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And they made Flair and Luger have a match in the Kiel where they had to wear the tennis shoes. 

Haha, are you serious?

Speaking of, am I alone in thinking the Killer Bees looked pretty cool in their Nike hightops? It was unique for the time and was probably a lot more comfortable than boots.

QP9-Wqh-TR-400x400.jpg

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Haha, are you serious?

Speaking of, am I alone in thinking the Killer Bees looked pretty cool in their Nike hightops? It was unique for the time and was probably a lot more comfortable than boots.

QP9-Wqh-TR-400x400.jpg

First time I have ever seen Killer Bee’s and cool in the same sentence. Had they come along later I think they would have been remembered as the Red Rooster of tag teams. 

As quick as Punk is to fly off the handle over some half ass jab from Miz shows how nonsensical all the “Is Punk returning to wrestle?” was. 

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I had totally forgotten the reason WCW signed the deal with Roos is because the company was based in St Louis, Jim Herd’s stomping grounds. And they made Flair and Luger have a match in the Kiel where they had to wear the tennis shoes. 

I always wondered what the story behind Roos was. Even as a kid/pre-teen my friends and I wondered WTF Roos were. It seemed like they were a step below LA Gear and British Knights at the time, but having pockets in your shoes was kinda neat.

That's right y'all. I just referenced Roos, LA Gear, and British Knights all in one post to take you all on a trip down shitty shoe memory lane when your parents wouldn't pay for Nikes, Filas, Reeboks, or Adidas.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Yes?

The Killer Bees Nike's were pretty cool, definitely unique for 1986-1987. 

I wasn't going to leave @PetrolCB hanging like that...and neither would this man.

You guessed it...

Image result for frank stallone

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I always wondered what the story behind Roos was. Even as a kid/pre-teen my friends and I wondered WTF Roos were. It seemed like they were a step below LA Gear and British Knights at the time, but having pockets in your shoes was kinda neat.

That's right y'all. I just referenced Roos, LA Gear, and British Knights all in one post to take you all on a trip down shitty shoe memory lane when your parents wouldn't pay for Nikes, Filas, Reeboks, or Adidas.

I had a pair of Roos because of the WCW connection. They came with a little figure that had his hands clasped, but would open when you squeezed him. He had a painted face and Missing Link style hair.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie