DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2020 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

So, Ric Flair is largely regarded the best ever at making any opponent look good in the ring.  Not debating that here.  My question is, has there ever been a wrestler better at engaging an apathetic crowd than Daniel Bryan?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Log said:

So, Ric Flair is largely regarded the best ever at making any opponent look good in the ring.  Not debating that here.  My question is, has there ever been a wrestler better at engaging an apathetic crowd than Daniel Bryan?

The only one I think comes close is Samoa Joe, actually, though that’s usually with the mic.

Holy shit. I don't understand how Nash wasn't wheelchair bound in the before picture. That's seriously messed up.

Even still, his feet and especially his left ankle and foot look gnarly. 2 years of rehab is a hell of a long time. I can't imagine doing that and hope I never have to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Log said:

This is real low hanging fruit but you kinda *have* to go along with Hacksaw's (or anyone's for that matter) USA chant

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:
Lots of good stuff in here. 

I wish there was a way to just see the relevant replies (other workers, etc.) rather than have to sift through all the manure that is Wrestling Twitter Fans. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit. I don't understand how Nash wasn't wheelchair bound in the beven still, his feet and especially his left ankle and foot look gnarly. 2 years of rehab is a hell of a long time. I can't imagine doing that and hope I never have to.

Holy Upper Body Business, Batman. That's brutal

2 hours ago, Log said:

His Wrestlemania comeback match died a death thanks to the Shane stuff largely and his character depiction. He's had some real stinkers like the AJ match at the rumble too. He's great but certainly there has to be somebody better. Probably fiery Japanese main eventers like Inoki and Choshu but they were rarely bored when those guys came out. Warrior? How can a crowd sit on their hands with that idiot running around and blowing himself up before the bell rang? 

3 hours ago, Log said:

Vicki Guerrero?

WOW. Gotta know the story behind that ?

Googled. Apparently it was a little spat with Miz. I'm sure Punk won't be gone, since he made the point to delete it. 

Edited by christopher.annino

16 hours ago, Log said:

I remember when Daniel Bryan turned on the Wyatt Family inside the steel cage on RAW in January 2014, that was a dead crowd till then. Bryan managed to get the crowd back onside in the main event at WrestleMania XXX after Brock Lesnar ended The Undertaker's Streak there. Bryan is one of the most popular faces ever yet he was still able to get people to book him as the Planet's Champion and boo The Fiend unlike Seth Rollins. Daniel Bryan is so talented across the board: he can fucking wrestle - his biggest attribute, carry the useless, do comedy, cut promos and get the right audience reactions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Log said:

Ric Flair is up there. Bret Hart and Daniel Bryan as well.