DVDVR Message Board

Your 2020 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

13 hours ago, Eivion said:

You made a smart ass remark about him posting WWE matches because you think WWE is garbage. That wasn't simply giving an opinion. If you had actual curiosity on the subject you would have tried to really engage with him and ask him questions seriously. That wasn't what you did. That was just you being a dick but trying to play it cool. No one is forcing you to watch the matches he posts, and there is an ignore function for a reason.

That is fine, we will have to agree to disagree, I aint going to go back and forth with you. I think WWE is rubbish at the moment and I wont have you tell me I can't say that cos it might offend someone. I never tried to be a dick to look cool.

I just simply shared my opinion, just cos it didn't agree with what you think you decide to have a go at me. 

Anyway I am leaving it as that. feel free to have the last word as I wont adding to this thread killer.

3 hours ago, Boydy said:

That is fine, we will have to agree to disagree, I aint going to go back and forth with you. I think WWE is rubbish at the moment and I wont have you tell me I can't say that cos it might offend someone. I never tried to be a dick to look cool.

I just simply shared my opinion, just cos it didn't agree with what you think you decide to have a go at me. 

Anyway I am leaving it as that. feel free to have the last word as I wont adding to this thread killer.

You disliking WWE is fine. You saying you dislike WWE is fine. Acting like an ass about it to another poster is not. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I watched Go Shiozaki vs Akitoshi Saito, some of camera angles for the match are interesting. Anyway the match itself is mostly strikes but with some short term armwork and the build to the bigger throw moves and kickouts. Digged the Bison Smith Iron Claw slam and Misawa's Emerald Frosion tribute spots.

• 3 weeks later...

JUNGLE JACK!  Bison Kimura is awesome in this.  Bull Nakano not liking Aja Kong is fucking great.  It's so good to see some hatred in your wrestling.

• Thanks 2

I would pay so much money for Dusty Rhodes to commentate the section with the kendo sticks, particularly when she beats the referee's ass with one.

I was looking up when Grizzly retired ('93) because she's not really lumped in with a lot of the women from that golden generation and saw this on her pro wrestling wiki profile (VERY OFFICIAL): 

Survival Shout in Korakuen
The violent and bloody war of Gokumon-to on August 19, 1990, featuring Bull Nakano and Grizzly Iwamoto taking on Aja Kong and Bison Kimura, is considered an All Japan all-time classic.

Yeah. I can see why. They really beat the shit out of each other, even for a joshi match, and brought extra emotion (mostly hatred and rage). 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 3

Unfortunately for a lot of Japanese wrestling fans of the late 90's/00's, any real knowledge of women's wrestling sort of starts from Dreamslam. Like all these great wrestlers just mystically appeared and were suddenly good, shame on us really, we cost ourselves a lot of entertainment. I'm definitely in the camp guilty of that, never seen this match before. I think a lot of us had this giant knowledge gap that goes something like "Well there were the Crush Gals and Dump Matsumoto, something about Devil Masami, along came Bull Nakano, and then Dreamslam happened" is sort of the most history a lot of us ever figured out. There's probably a lot of great stuff from this period floating around out there I can get a quality first viewing of.

Aja Kong is probably one of my favourite wrestlers ever, but Bull Nakano is still the boss here. Goddamn there's a lot of assbeating going on in there. Those kendo stick sequences are insane.

• Like 1

HEAT-UP! does some 2020 Apartment wrestling earlier today.  Kanehira is the Hoss of HEAT-UP! and he and a HEAT-UP! shmoe beat the hell out of each other!  NEW WRESTLING!

.-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey! There's actual people there!  Wrestling Machine Konosuke Takeshita has a stiff little affair with 6'7'', 286 pound DDT lummox, Yukio Naya.  They lay it in, DADDY!