DVDVR Message Board

Your 2020 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Arisa Nakajima is the wiley, cranky veteran.  HIRO'e is the young upstart.  This is good.

==============================

Tomoka Inaba is teeny but she looks good against JTO's most famous trainee, Maika.

• Like 1

Two guys from Active Advance Pro Wrestling come back to HEAT UP! to take on Pro Wrestling HEAT UP! all stars Ido and Izuka!

These are all 20 or under except for Ayumi Hayashi of Actwres girl'Z.  Teeniest is Tomoka Inaba from JTO.

=================================

From Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP! is a Tamura vs a Hayabusa.  Then HEAT UP Hoss Kanemira takes on Ido.

Hey, it's NdOdAtH!  I'm glad DDT saved NOAH because even the NOAH junior heavyweights fucking lay it in.  The other Okada just beats the crap out of Tadasuke and Tadasuke beats the hell out of the other Okada.  A truly good way to start off the wrestling viewing day!

=================================

He is BM!  He is part of the Just Knock Out faction of Just Tap Out.  Here he is beaten very efficiently by Hyper Brave G Valion.  He beats BM.  BM.

Hey!  Folks are showing up for Tokyo Joshi Pro.  From 7/23.

===============================

It is Moka Miyamoto first match!

===========================

Takumi Iroha on a Real Japan card in March.

The mantis-like Yuki Kamifuku takes on the pride of Best Body Japan Pro Wrestling, Mina Shirakawa.  That's a bit presumptuous there, Best Body Japan Pro Wrestling.  (Though she is really hot.)

Actwres girl'Z champion, Miyuki Takase, takes on Pro Wrestling WAVE champion, Nagisa Nozaki.  Takase lays it in and has a nice lariat.  Nozaki sells for a while and then starts really kicking Takase in the head.  From March!

===========================

Pro Wrestling HEAT UP! hoss, Kanehiro,  wrestles some fella.

Yeah, I'm on the Miyuki Takase bandwagon.  Here, she and Yuu add some good to a pretty listless Wave match.

=============================

Nagisa Nozaki takes on a game but plodding Yuki Miyazaki FOR THE BELT!

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

That's getting some love from the VoW people. Have you watched it yet?

I like it a lot. It’s a 60 minute match where they seem focused the entire time, so your time never feels wasted. And they do a really good job of avoiding the usual ironman escalation trap, where you either have early, cheap falls, or emphatic falls that leave no room for escalation and make it hard to believe either guy is still standing as the minutes wear on. Here, every fall feels earned, and the accumulated damage/fatigue a legitimate—but not debilitating—factor, so the last 15 still has somewhere good to go.

But I don’t think it’s a drop everything MOTY, like VOW seems to. Some plot threads and limb work don’t really cohere moment to moment or big picture, so even though they pace well (and this is a cliche criticism) you can’t help but feel there’s a better match to be had in half the time. I also didn’t really like the announcing, although “Will Yehi tap, here at Wendy Wine Company!?” is great unintentional indy comedy.

Edited by Beech27
  • Thanks 1

Once again it's Pro Wrestling HEAT UP!  HEAT UP Hoss Diasuke Kanihara takes on HEAT UP Shmoe... SHUGEHIRO IRIE?!?!?  WHAT the FUCK!?!  Million Billion Stars.

This match has the annoying screaming woman but also has Yuna Manase in her last TJPW match and Miyu Yamashita so it kind of levels out.

Ah NOAH is back.  YO-HEY vs Kotaro Suzuki!  LAY IT IN!

======================================

Hayata and Ogawa take on Tadesuke and Hirada!  Hey!  I think I finally recognize all the NOAH Juniors.  Lucky me.

===============================

Kinya Okada twice in two weeks!

I don't think this has ever been posted.  Reyna Yamashita vs Arisa Nakajima.

==========================================

TAKA Michinoku wrestles in the scrawniest indie in Japan, Pro Wrestling A-TEAM.  Checking Cagematch.net, I note that frickin Diasuke Ikeda is on the same card.  Strange.

============================

Mayuki Takase and assorted other women wrestlers wrestled yesterday on a streaming Diana show!