DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 5/6/2020 at 11:31 AM, Eivion said:

I actually watched i a few months ago. Its a perfectly fine albeit forgettable film.

As far as family friendly movies go there are much worse out there.

Plus it has Jack Black and David Tennant.

But you summed it up with your last sentence.

On 5/5/2020 at 6:17 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I don’t see the point of a sequel, but I would be okay with it if Snipes, Bullock, and Dan Cortese. But yeah, the first movie is lightning in a bottle. It’s like if you took the first 30 minutes of Back to The Future Part II, and turned it into a feature length. It just works, and it helps that it has a sustained tongue in cheek vibe throughout, along with a very straight forward story. You can equal it, but I see no point in this. Especially if you can’t recreate that plastic future that only that era of film could pull off.

Did Jesse Ventura's character die? Because if not, they should totally bring him back.

But more importantly, put Nick Gage in the movie. MDK all fuckin' day.

It was already mentioned in the Disney+ thread but since we had a discussion about it awhile ago in this thread

Lin Manuel Miranda just announced that Hamilton will now hit Disney+ on July 3 (so basically almost 18 months early)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It was already mentioned in the Disney+ thread but since we had a discussion about it awhile ago in this thread

Lin Manuel Miranda just announced that Hamilton will now hit Disney+ on July 3 (so basically almost 18 months early)

My daughter will lose her shit.

A company called Solstice Studios says it will provide America and the world with the first large-screen movie release in months on July 1.

UNHINGED

A "road rage thriller" starring Russell Crowe as "The Man." He may have to auction off more of his memorabilia if Becky Lynch finds out ?

• Haha 1

American Son - the Russell Crowe mob movie - has moved from Sony to Paramount

The movie is the English language version of the 2010 movie A Prophet which was nominated for Best Foreign Film in the 2010 Oscars

Vince McMahon: "We make movies, pal!"

Fite TV: "Hold my beer":

They made us watch this trailer during every break on Dynamite this week. Which made a nice break from hearing this on a loop:

Edited by AxB

Universal has finally delayed The Forever Purge

I guess they were holding out hope that theaters would be open July 10.

No new date yet

Phil Lord and Chris Miller have agreed to direct Project Hail Mary which is the adaptation of Andy Weir's (The Martian) third novel (which isn't even finished yet and actually the title is just the temporary title.)

Project Hail Mary will star Ryan Gosling and apparently Gosling was lobbying for Lord and Miller to direct before he even finished the script

Lord and Miller are also directing the adaptation of Weir's 2nd novel (Artemis) too.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

New Spike Lee film starring Chadwick Boseman,  Delroy Lindo, Clarke Peters, Norm Lewis and Isiah Whitlock Jr.  Out June 12th on Netflix.

I love whatever this period Spike Lee's career is in where he's making these very un-Spike Lee movies that still contain elements and fingerprints of his previous work. I don't know if this will be better than Blackkklansman (I think that still may be one of the best movies from the last decade), but this still looks pretty damn good.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Now I see what movie Chadwick was working on that had everyone freaking out he was so skinny

He was also skinny for another movie (the Denzel produced Netflix adaptation of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom) that they shot in Pittsburgh. I think that was shot just before or after Da 5 Bloods. So maybe that's a new diet he's trying out. I dunno.

On 3/5/2020 at 1:18 PM, RIPPA said:

Greyhound

Director: Aaron Schneider (Get Low)

It is a Tom Hanks war movie that I didn't know existed until right this second and now I am wondering how it will fuck over my Blockbuster Pool entry

Looks like your answer is, "not at all."  Apple TV has gotten the rights to Greyhound and the movie will debut exclusively on Apple TV+.  (No date set yet.)

• Like 1

New Tenet trailer should drop sometime today.  Be sure to give me my 6 feet and wear your mask when we're risking our lives to watch this movie in July.

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Looks like your answer is, "not at all."  Apple TV has gotten the rights to Greyhound and the movie will debut exclusively on Apple TV+.  (No date set yet.)

So they don't want anyone to see it then. . . .  .

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

New Tenet trailer should drop sometime today.  Be sure to give me my 6 feet and wear your mask when we're risking our lives to watch this movie in July.

It'll drop today.

In Fortnite.

Played on my daughter's Fortnite account to watch the Tenet trailer.  More time travel stuff confirmed but still vague enough so that I have no idea what the movie is really about.

• Like 1