DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The pitch to casting Cate Blanchett in this movie:

"I don't know, Eli.  It's a video game movie.  I mean, how much trashier can you get?"

"Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

"All right, that's a low blow."

"Plus, you get to murder a giant calamari."

"Ooooh!  I love calamari!!  This sounds fun!"

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

Directed by David Dobkin

Starring: Will Ferrell, Rachel McAdams, Pierce Brosnan, Dan Stevens, Demi Lovato

Netflix on June 26

1 hour ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Wait, what? You know about Eurovision over there? I thought it was Europe (and Australia's) dirty big secret.

We commoners do ?

But I have a feeling this is one of those "Will Ferrell finds out about something" and Netflix was all "sure, whatever"

• Like 2

I don't think it's super common knowledge here, but I do see the odd report about it whenever it's going on. Celine Dion winning, as a ringer for Switzerland, is a commonly known quirky fact about her early career (she was pretty much only known in Quebec and France at that point). The year Lordi won got a lot of coverage here.

The first time I heard of Eurovision was the year that Lordi won.

Youtube is the repository for Eurovision performance glory. Look no further than Genghis Khan from 1979.

20 hours ago, driver said:

The first time I heard of Eurovision was the year that Lordi won.

Youtube is the repository for Eurovision performance glory. Look no further than Genghis Khan from 1979.

I love those guys.

I was more partial to this one:

Edited by Raziel

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Money Plane

Edge, Thomas Jane, Denise Richards and Kelsey Grammer

Yeah... that kinda is exactly the cast I was would expect to see in this

Edge may be the one man on Earth who looks better with a man bun.  Not exactly good, but... better. 

I'm surprised Mickey Rourke isn't in this.

9 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Edge may be the one man on Earth who looks better with a man bun.  Not exactly good, but... better. 

I'm surprised Mickey Rourke isn't in this.

They should have gotten Wesley Snipes and made it sort of a sequel to Money Train. 

There is no way any movie of that size will just be done digitally unless theaters announce they are closing till 2022

Tenet finally blinked but only somewhat - it has been moved from July 17 to July 31

Inception will be shown in theaters starting on July 17 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of its release

To go along with all that

Matrix 4 moved from May 21, 2021 to April 1, 2022

Godzilla vs Kong will now have the May 21 date

Even more changes

The Witches (Robert Zemeckis’ adaptation of the Roald Dahl story) has been removed from the schedule (was Oct 9)

Tom & Jerry has been delayed to March 5, 2021

Greenland (Starring Gerard Butler) has taken advantage of Wonder Woman's move and went from July 31 to the August 14 date that WW84 vacated