DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It is interesting that they are now just saying "Coming to theaters!" instead of going JULY 17~!

So clearly they are giving themselves wiggle room but I do wonder how long they will/can wait before making a decision

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit. All fucking in.

Yeah, I'm not sure I have any idea what's going on - but I sure want to find out.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Well, it could be worse... it could be this

(thanks to whoever posted that somewhere here before, it's a treasure)

How did I miss this before?  Holy crap, I need to see that.  And...the first one.

EDIT: WAIT, THERE ARE THREE OF THESE WORKS OF ART??????

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is interesting that they are now just saying "Coming to theaters!" instead of going JULY 17~!

So clearly they are giving themselves wiggle room but I do wonder how long they will/can wait before making a decision

Tenet is just the movie and Nolan is just the director to put asses in seats this summer.  I can't see them sending this movie straight to On Demand or waiting much longer than the 17th to pull the trigger on release.

Question is will it just be theaters open or will localities go apeshit and loosen restrictions enough so that people are headed to restaurants and stuff after an afternoon or evening at the movies?

All I know is that my nostrils had better be welcomed by the smell of Clorox when I take my seat.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I’m in the bag for Nolan films, so I’ll definitely be seeing this in the theatre (God rest my soul), but the sci-fi angle on this one is so obtuse, I’m still not sure what’s going on or why I should care.  Hopefully, this is just a case of something being too complex or nuanced to be captured in 2 minutes, as opposed to Nolan finally chasing his dragon too far.

The Old Guard

Coming to Netflix

Based on the Image Comics series created by Greg Rucka and Leandro Fernandez

Charlize Theron leads a group of immortal mercenaries that discovers that someone is onto their secret and they naturally must fight to protect their freedom.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I think it was optioned at some point. I’ve not read the most recent quarterly, if that had any updates. Not talked to Greg in a year or so. 

It was optioned and was supposedly going to air on Amazon Prime.  But... .there hasn't been any news on it in several years and the last time (that I know of) Rucka commented on it, not much has been done.

As far I can tell with a little research, no casting announcements were ever made.

On 5/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, RIPPA said:

I've seen a couple stories on websites that claim Wonder Woman 1984 (or whatever it's called) will be delayed even further if Tenet is delayed.  KInda thinking that might be part of the reason the studio is still hoping to get it released in July.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

You say that as if I would be against it.

If any man deserves eternal rest, it's David Bowie.  He's given more than his fair share.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I still say they should have Jennifer Connolly play the Goblin Queen this time.

She's getting that old lady neck nowadays according to the Snowpiercer trailers. I think it'd work since that make her finally not look eternally 17 years old.

• Haha 1

To double back to something that seems like another lifetime ago - Lionsgate has announced that Cate Blanchett has officially signed on to play Lilith in the Eli Roth directed Borderlands