DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

"I think it is coming," Stallone said. "We're working on it right now with Warner Brothers and it's looking fantastic, so that should come out. That's going to happen."

Yeah... I wouldn't hold my breath that the movie actually happens

There's a running joke (?) with two of my co-workers that either Demolition Man is a good action movie or a great comedy. I'm on the fence about it being a good action movie, but I'm absolutely on the side of it being a fucking great comedy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I somehow doubt Snipes is going to be a part of it since his head was frozen and then smashed like a watermelon at a Gallagher show. It would also be weird to see Bullock come back.

You can do a clone plot, or something. Maybe the Phoenix  that was frozen wasn’t the original  Phoenix, and the original was just biting his time to strike. Only John Spartan’s daughter, Jane Spartan(Who is revealed early to have been frozen like her dad for a crime she wasn’t guilty of, again just like dad), and his future son(As well as officer Huxley’s son) Greco Spartan(Played by retired WWE Superstar Roman Reigns) team-up to stop Phoenix once, and for all. 

Basically same plot, but gender swapping the characters, and set further into the future with new jokes that reference today’s tech.

Edit: Hollywood I’m right here, and I’m ready to give you ideas.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

David Ayer is out as director of Bright 2, and will be replaced by Louis Letterier.

Ayer is reportedly working on a remake of The Dirty Dozen, which given Ayer's track record, will presumably be set in L.A. and feature a group of corrupt cops.

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

Cate Blanchett is going to be in a fucking Eli Roth movie.  Satan must be getting pelted with snowballs right now.

They have already worked together considering she was in The House with a Clock in Its Walls

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They have already worked together considering she was in The House with a Clock in Its Walls

Well, this will be the first time they are working together in a movie I might actually watch. 

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So wait - is the ISS going to blowup and Cruise is going to spacewalk away from it?

Shades of the Red Bull space parachute jump, but the ISS is in a geosynchronous orbit.  Too high to freefall down without being burnt to a crisp.

I don't think even NASA would advocate the propagation of bad science by having an explosion occur in outer space, but the idea of sending Cruise to the ISS for a movie shoot boggles the mind.  The budget for MI7 must be fucking insane!

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

Rumor has it that Disney's going for a female-of-color led Pirates movie and have someone in mind, and it's got to be Tessa Thompson, right?

I had completely forgotten Zoe Saldana was in the first one until recently. She could be the link to the other ones and function in the Jack role with a bunch of fresh faces supporting her. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

I had completely forgotten Zoe Saldana was in the first one until recently. She could be the link to the other ones and function in the Jack role with a bunch of fresh faces supporting her. 

She's the other person that immediately came to mind because she's already in the "family."

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, this will be the first time they are working together in a movie I might actually watch. 

I actually watched i a few months ago. Its a perfectly fine albeit forgettable film.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Mission: Impossible 7 is going to be fucking LIT. 

I just rewatched M:I Fallout a few days ago too. If the next M:I happens in space or if Tom Cruise actually goes to space then I'm ready to call that franchise the best ever. I'm so fucking excited for something I know next to nothing about! YAY 2020!

THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND

Starring Pete Davidson, Marisa Tomei, Bill Burr, and Steve Buscemi

Directed by Judd Apatow

Originally supposed to get a theatrical release, now will be a VOD release on June 12th. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Originally supposed to get a theatrical release, now will be a VOD release on June 12th. 

Just don't tell AMC!

Shirley

Directed by Josephine Decker

Starring Elisabeth Moss playing well known Horror author Shirley Jackson

The film is a "psychological drama" if you are wonder why I put it here and not the Horror thread