DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Netflix has acquired the rights to Lovebirds from Paramount

(Here is the trailer if you don't know the movie I am talking about)

It was supposed to debut at SXSW and then hit theaters on April 3

No word on when Netflix will start showing it

On 3/21/2020 at 5:26 AM, RIPPA said:

The billboard I drive by daily (well now once a week) changed from saying releases on April 3 to releases on Netflix April 3 so it seems that is still the date, just different medium.

Edited by CSC

On 3/21/2020 at 8:26 AM, RIPPA said:

(Here is the trailer if you don't know the movie I am talking about)

Fuck.  My sister and daughter will make me watch this fucking thing once they find out it will be on Netflix.

Thanks guys.

Along with the Wonder Woman 1984 delay (which I am sure is in the DC thread), Warner Brothers has also delayed In the Heights, Scoob! and Malignant

Wonder Woman at least got an August date. The rest are still TBD

I hope they just dump Scoob! for streaming purchase. That would be a sound investment to ward off my daughter’s cabin fever. She’s watched every iteration of Scooby Doo at least twice. We’re still on an A Pup Named Scooby Doo high right now where every misbehavior or accident is blamed on Red Herring, but that’s going to wear thin soon. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Per Hollywood Reporter - SXSW and Amazon are teaming up so that at least some of the movies that were going to debut at the festival can be streamed

Amazon Prime Video is teaming with the event to launch a so-called film festival collection. Filmmakers who had been scheduled to screen films at the fest were notified Thursday morning and will be able to opt in. Some, who already have distribution with an Amazon rival, will likely choose to forgo the virtual festival. Those who opt in will see their films play exclusively on Prime Video in the U.S. for the 10-day virtual fest, which Amazon will likely launch in late April.

The online event will be available in front of the Prime Video paywall and free to U.S. audiences.

Filmmakers who choose to participate in the virtual festival will receive a screening fee. The setup does not mean that Amazon has acquired the films. Those looking for distribution will still have that option.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tom Cruise tweeted that Top Gun Maverick has been delayed until December 

The exact new date is Dec 23

Dec 23 was originally slotted for The Tomorrow War (Starring Chris Pratt) but that is now TBD

Also A Quiet Place II is now Sept 4

I was just about to post that in the Horror Forum.  This LINUX principles refresher class is killing me.  The instructor is about as interesting as a bar of soap.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also A Quiet Place II is now Sept 4

Wonder if there will be anywhere left to see it by then?  AMC (nation's largest theater chain) had their credit rating cut today because the expectation is that they will be unable to resume business until at least June and be insolvent by August.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

Extraction

Hey... it's a trailer for a new movie coming out so I will take it but it is clearly not a good sign when you see "DIRECTED BY ATOMIC BLONDE STUNT COORDINATOR!!!"

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Extraction

Hey... it's a trailer for a new movie coming out so I will take it but it is clearly not a good sign when you see "DIRECTED BY ATOMIC BLONDE STUNT COORDINATOR!!!"

Technically this is a comic book movie.