DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Has anybody heard of this movie? It kind of snuck up on me while looking at the Right Stuff sale, and they had it on pre-order. I love samurai flicks, and I said “what the hell” before ordering it. It’s directed by Bernard Rose(director of the original Candyman) of all people. But it looks gorgeous with its spacious cinematography, and has quite a unique plot. I’m putting this here because it looks to be so under the radar that I don’t believe it had a press screening in the states(or no one showed up). So this Blu Ray might be a new discovery for it.

Haven't heard anything about this but my expectations are high if they're going to throw 13 Assassins around in the trailer.

So with James Bond bailing until Thanksgiving - Trolls World Tour will now take the April 10, 2020 release date (Trolls was to come out a week later)

Also Top Gun: Maverick has moved from a Friday release to a Wednesday release. It will now open June 24

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

With the way things are going, it's only a matter of time till they start bumping some of the big May releases, no? 

I don't know

If a studio is gonna be concerned because they won't have the Chinese market - then yes

But someone who will only be concerned with US domestic in the short term probably won't do anything

Artemis Fowl

Director: Kenneth Branagh

Colin Firth, Josh Gad, Judi Dench

Apparently the kid playing Artemis Fowl has never acted in anything before (if IMDB is to be believed)

I legit forgot this movie existed until this new trailer. I am excited to see if a movie can get Adjustment Bureau'ed for a second straight year

Greyhound

Director: Aaron Schneider (Get Low)

It is a Tom Hanks war movie that I didn't know existed until right this second and now I am wondering how it will fuck over my Blockbuster Pool entry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Greyhound

It is a Tom Hanks war movie that I didn't know existed until right this second and now I am wondering how it will fuck over my Blockbuster Pool entry

It was suppose to be released in March of last year. Then, it was slotted for May 8. Going to guess the multiple release date changes has do with finishing the SFX.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I swear on my life, when I saw the video thumbnail, I was like "Oh, Tom Hanks playing a bus driver?  Cool." 

Sequel to Captain Phillips where a bus is hijacked by Somali pirates.

LOOK AT ME.  I'M THE BUS DRIVER NOW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, RIPPA said:

Greyhound

This looks great.  

Not related to this movie but related to the U-Boats and so on in WW2 - the Nazis had a specific tactic that they were using to wreak havoc on Allied ships.  Until a retired British naval officer setup a game and figured it out:

https://time.com/5772665/uboat-wargames/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Sequel to Captain Phillips where a bus is hijacked by Somali pirates.

LOOK AT ME.  I'M THE BUS DRIVER NOW.

Man, your synopsis of Speed 3 sounds terrible.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bautista's My Spy has been delayed... again

It was supposed to open Friday.

It has now been moved to April 17

If it gets pushed back to May, it will be a prime Adjustment Bureau candidate.

Well stories are now saying that My Spy was delayed for coronavirus reasons

And along with that Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway has been delayed until August 7 (it was supposed to come out March 27). Again for coronavirus reasons

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well stories are now saying that My Spy was delayed for coronavirus reasons

And along with that Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway has been delayed until August 7 (it was supposed to come out March 27). Again for coronavirus reasons

Well that makes sense as I imagine a lot of movies coming out right now will make close to zero dollars as people here and abroad avoid crowds at all costs.

• Like 1