RIPPA

48 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I thought that was already out. Maybe just in the U.k

Yeah - IMDB has it out in the UK at the end of January

But the US release date is May 8

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I’m not really interested in a Borderlands movie

Saying Eli Roth is the director really doesn’t help the cause

That tweet was subsequently deleted, so either the reveal was too early or it's a joke.

I'm praying for the latter, but it's probably the former.

I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since The House With a Clock In It's Walls was surprisingly decent and since he's a gore maven, I can count on a Roth directed Borderlands movie to easily make hard R-rating status and be absurdly violent.

If it were me, I'd pick things up after B3, intro three new Vault Hunters for the movie, and include as many cameos from iconic characters as you can.   Trying to make movies out of any of the previous three games will only end in tears of rage.

Edited by J.T.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

That tweet was subsequently deleted, so either the reveal was too early or it's a joke.

I'm praying for the latter, but it's probably the former.

I'm also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since The House With a Clock In It's Walls was surprisingly decent and since he's a gore maven, I can count on a Roth directed Borderlands movie to easily make hard R-rating status and be absurdly violent.

If it were me, I'd pick things up after B3, intro three new Vault Hunters for the movie, and include as many cameos from iconic characters as you can.   Trying to make movies out of any of the previous three games will only end in tears of rage.

It was the former since he just tweeted it again a hour ago

Fuck Eli Roth

This weekend at the misfit cinemas, a cornucopia of flicks that may be coming to our theaters and only our theaters.

First off, Billy Crystal joins Steven Seagal and John Travolta in having one of his films inexplicably premiere here ...

STANDING UP, FALLING DOWN

We also have ...

10 THINGS WE SHOULD DO BEFORE WE BREAK UP

When the entire plot is revealed in the first 25 seconds of the trailer, it's a hard pass. 

SWIFT (MANOU THE SWIFT)

It's about a swift adopted by seagulls and I'm getting a headache just trying to write this sentence.

OLYMPIC DREAMS

A rom-com set at the Olympics and, per IFC, "the first film ever filmed on location during the Olympics in the Athletes Village." Nick Kroll is joined by actual Olympians in the cast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonial said:

First off, Billy Crystal joins Steven Seagal and John Travolta 

This is all I read before I clicked on the thread. You can’t tease a guy with a good time like that. 

(Note to self: Come up with pitch for VOD Running Scared sequel where Seagal replaces Gregory Hines and Travolta sleepwalks through another mob boss role.) 

• Haha 2

On February 12, 2020 at 10:24 AM, Craig H said:

Yep. That's a Wes Anderson movie.

Obligatory

I totally get the complaints/observations about Anderson's style and they aren't wrong really, but I still love visiting Wes World and seeing him indulge in his tropes. Despite some misses (Moonrise Kingdom, Isle of Dogs) his best stuff ranks amongst my all time favs.

6 hours ago, colonial said:

This weekend at the misfit cinemas, a cornucopia of flicks that may be coming to our theaters and only our theaters.

First off, Billy Crystal joins Steven Seagal and John Travolta in having one of his films inexplicably premiere here ...

Ok I've got a little beef with you because at first this looked to me like Billy Crystal, John Travolta and Steven Seagal were all starring in the same movie. Which would probably be greatest worst movie ever made. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It was the former since he just tweeted it again a hour ago

Fuck Eli Roth

Yeah, I got texts of rage from my cousin in Cali when he saw that shit.  

If there are new songs from The Heavy and Cage The Elephant in the movie intro and end credits, I might forgive having Eli Roth as the director.  That's a big ask of me since I really can't stand that mother fucker.

Edited by J.T.

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I usually put them in tiers

Top: Rushmore, tenenbaums, budapest

Next: Life Aquatic, Mr Fox

Next: Moonrise, Life of Dogs

NEXT: Bottle Rocket, Darjeeling 

I would probably swap Darjeeling and Moonrise and I just can't put Bottle Rocket that low. Yes it is very much not a fully formed Wes Anderson movie, but as the first film that introduced me to his work it holds a special place in my heart.