DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Control said:

Y’all have no idea what French sounds like, eh?

I have seen Haute Tension, À l'intérieur, Repulsion, and Cache at least five times per film so of course I know what French sounds like.

Edited by J.T.

I think Control is taking issue with me saying "remake of French film" despite it being it being described that way in all the news stories about Downhill (it was also filmed in France)

That being said it (Force Majeure) was submitted by Sweden in the Best Foreign Film Oscar category.

So I blame Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline, etc...

Rick Moranis is returning to acting.  He will star in a new Honey, I Shrunk The Kids sequel. 

This is great news because:

• If you ever read about why he retired from acting, you'll know Moranis is one of the few really good people out there.
  • This moves us closer to Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rick Moranis is returning to acting.  He will star in a new Honey, I Shrunk The Kids sequel. 

• If you ever read about why he retired from acting, you'll know Moranis is one of the few really good people out there.

Also great news that he was trending for this and not because he passed away. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That's awesome. His story about leaving acting is really sad, but also admirable for what he would do for his kids. The timing is also strange because it was just announced that he wouldn't be returning for Ghostbusters Afterlife because of the whole being retired thing. I wonder if this somehow opens the door for him to maybe have a short cameo at the end or something, but I also think photography already wrapped for it a month or so ago.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Do we really want to do that without Rivers and Candy though?

• Like 1

Looking on IMDB - it reportedly has a cast that is

Dev Patel as Gawain and also stars Alicia Vikander and Joel Edgerton

Written and directed by David Lowery (Pete's Dragon, A Ghost Story)

The Iron Mask

I could write words here about how it is a sequel to The Forbidden Kingdom but all you are going to care about is Jackie Chan fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Iron Mask

I could write words here about how it is a sequel to The Forbidden Kingdom but all you are going to care about is Jackie Chan fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger

Holy Shit! Jackie Chan fighting Arnold Schwarzenegger! I hope they're actually on the same set at the same time at least. None of that Arnie's stunt double fights Jackie, Jackie's stunt double fights Arnie on a totally different day thing. Rutger Hauer and Charles Dance are in it too. Jason Flemyng is always good in whatever I see him in. You can take your Tenets and such like, I know what I'll be enjoying!

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Does A24 ever put out anything that doesn't look like it needs to be watched immediately?

A24 is the boutique distributor that The Weinstein Company tried to be before their demise. 

Speaking of Dev Patel

The Personal History of David Copperfield

As I mentioned the last time a trailer was released for it - the most important info you need is

Directed by Armando Iannucci

• Like 3