DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Lost Girls

Amy Ryan channeling the rage, frustration and sadness of hundreds of women

Directed by Liz Garbus (the 2 time Oscar nominated documentary director of The Fourth Estate and What Happened, Miss Simone)

Based on the Robert Kolker Best Seller Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery

Will premiere at Sundance and then hit Netflix on March 13

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In something I wasn't expecting to write - Bad Boys 4 Life is getting good reviews and currently sits at 75% on RT (with over a 100 reviews in)

Seems like losing Michael Bay was addition by subtraction.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In something I wasn't expecting to write - Bad Boys 4 Life is getting good reviews and currently sits at 75% on RT (with over a 100 reviews in)

Stars who have chemistry + semi low expectations going in + nice, little inoffensive action movie in this current climate of filmmaking = good reviews

• Like 1

Premiering today at our misfit theaters, it's Bad Boys 4 Life, Dolittle and …. uh, this ...

INTRIGO: DEATH OF AN AUTHOR

It's the first in a film trilogy based on books by a Swedish author who's not Stieg Larsson. The other two films are apparently awaiting release in the U.S., so I'm sure one of our theatres is keeping a room warm. Alas, Ben Kingsley is only in this one -- he got enough money for a new roof on his house.

Hugo Weaving announced that due to schedule conflicts he will not be able to reprise his role as Agent Smith in the Matrix 4.

It is unclear if that means the character will no longer be in the movie or if they will get someone else

Probably for the best. I'm fine with somehow working Neo and Trinity back in because I assume they'll just be virtual versions of themselves or programs within the Matrix, but bringing back Smith would be really lame.

Jonathan Groff is perfect for an agent and has the ability to pull off being the big bad. And I only assume he'll be playing an agent because his role on Mindhunter is about as close to an agent as you can get.

The Last Thing He Wanted

Anne Hathaway, Ben Affleck, Rosie Perez, Willem Dafoe

Directed: Dee Rees (Mudbound, Pariah)

Another for the "now I know why my subscription fee went up" file 

Irresistible

Written and Directed by Jon Stewart

Irresistible stars Academy Award nominee Steve Carell, Rose Byrne, Academy Award winner Chris Cooper, Topher Grace, Natasha Lyonne, Mackenzie Davis, CJ Wilson and Will Sasso.

The Uncharted movie has officially been moved to March 5, 2021

That date originally belonged to The Masters of the Universe reboot. It appears that movie is now dead (not to be confused with the two different He-Man projects that Netflix is working on)

• Haha 1

SPENSER CONFIDENTIAL

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Winston Duke, Alan Arkin, and Iliza Shlesinger

Directed by Peter Berg (Lone Survivor, Patriots Day, Mile 22, Deepwater Horizon... seeing a pattern here?)

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

SPENSER CONFIDENTIAL

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Winston Duke, Alan Arkin, and Iliza Shlesinger

Directed by Peter Berg (Lone Survivor, Patriots Day, Mile 22, Deepwater Horizon... seeing a pattern here?)

Sure do. Berg is Scorsese to Wahlberg's Deniro.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Directed by Peter Berg (Lone Survivor, Patriots Day, Mile 22, Deepwater Horizon...seeing a pattern here?)

People won't stop giving Peter Berg money to do shitty films and/or box office bombs?

• Like 3

Man, I don't know what to think if he's still alive. Between Han being alive and him being alive...

DERP, nevermind, he was still alive, he just never returned for any of the sequels.

Edited by Craig H