DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On the Cruise tip, apparently a few guys were gathering around a computer and not social distancing.  Should they have been disciplined?  Absolutely.  Should the most powerful person on the set have torn into them --with impunity because there's no way these guys could have any recourse -- using abusive language and treated them with no respect or decency?  Absolutely not.  Maybe these guys were trying to get some work done on a deadline and were trying to collaborate real quick?  Who the hell knows?  A decent person does not treat human beings that way, especially with such disparate power dynamics at play.  Cruise is an over privileged lunatic who believes an all powerful space alien will hand him a planet when he dies.  Fuck that guy.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

On the Cruise tip, apparently a few guys were gathering around a computer and not social distancing.  Should they have been disciplined?  Absolutely.  Should the most powerful person on the set have torn into them --with impunity because there's no way these guys could have any recourse -- using abusive language and treated them with no respect or decency?  Absolutely not.  Maybe these guys were trying to get some work done on a deadline and were trying to collaborate real quick?  Who the hell knows?  A decent person does not treat human beings that way, especially with such disparate power dynamics at play.  Cruise is an over privileged lunatic who believes an all powerful space alien will hand him a planet when he dies.  Fuck that guy.

I had a horrible thought... What if he's right?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Control said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12343138/

Check out the amazing cast in Antonio Sabato Jr’s right-wing vanity project. I’ll watch the shit out of this movie without paying for it.

This is the first production of ConFlix Studios, of which Antonio Sabato, Jr. is the president of. The company is designed to produce films separate from the Hollywood system and give work to entertainers who have been denied to work on mainstream films and television due to having different political beliefs.

The persecution complex is strong.

Also, "of which Antonio Sabato, Jr. is the president of."  Holy shit, as a writing/grammar pedantic motherfucker, this has me weeping on the inside.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The persecution complex is strong.

Also, "of which Antonio Sabato, Jr. is the president of."  Holy shit, as a writing/grammar pedantic motherfucker, this has me weeping on the inside.

Dudes with triple-digit film credits: I am being blacklisted. As though it's Dean Cain's politics keeping him out of Oscar season.

Anyway, imagine having to sign up for Antonio Sabato Jr's welfare program right-wing for actors, and still getting, like, two lines. "Uh, Tito, think you're going to be more of the strong silent type in this role."

1 hour ago, Control said:

Check out the amazing cast in Antonio Sabato Jr’s right-wing vanity project. I’ll watch the shit out of this movie without paying for it.

How is Robert Davi not in this? Also the whole “we can’t get work because of our politics” excuse is pretty hollow when “talented” conservatives/republicans like Tim Allen, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, Kevin James and so on haven’t had any hold ups. 

The movie I wanna see is about the liberal actor who can't get work, so starts spouting Q nonsense on Twitter to end up on Sabato's set. Lots of hijinks, like him avoiding detection by telling them his soy milk latte is a "Cup of Hot Freedom" or some shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Some more release dates of WB movies

Furiosa - June 23, 2023

I’ll believe this movie when the trailer drops, and not before.

Still can’t believe they’re recasting the lead, last I read.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Control said:

I’ll believe this movie when the trailer drops, and not before.

Still can’t believe they’re recasting the lead, last I read.

Yes - Anya Taylor-Joy (most recently of The Queen's Gambit) is Furiosa as they decided to recast instead of using anti-aging on Charlize Theron (George Miller said that if the technology was better he would have considered it)

"For the longest time, I thought we could just use CG de-aging on Charlize, but I don't think we're nearly there yet," Miller explained. "Despite the valiant attempts on The Irishman, I think there's still an uncanny valley. Everyone is on the verge of solving it, [particularly] Japanese video-game designers, but there's still a pretty wide valley, I believe."

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - Anya Taylor-Joy (most recently of The Queen's Gambit) is Furiosa as they decided to recast instead of using anti-aging on Charlize Theron (George Miller said that if the technology was better he would have considered it)

Am I missing something? I'm not the biggest Charlize Theron fan, but wasn't the whole Furiosa fervor built around wanting CHARLIZE THERON as Furiosa in her own movie? Where did the we need her to be much younger part come in at?

• Like 2

Miller said he wanted an actress who was in her 20s (Taylor is 24)

Theron is 44

I mean not that it really really would matter but I am guessing since it is a prequel - it will be far enough in the past that Miller thought it was important enough to go younger.

For the record - everyone, including Theron, is okay with it as there are all "This is George's vision!"

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Miller said he wanted an actress who was in her 20s (Taylor is 24)

Theron is 44

I mean not that it really really would matter but I am guessing since it is a prequel - it will be far enough in the past that Miller thought it was important enough to go younger.

For the record - everyone, including Theron, is okay with it as there are all "This is George's vision!"

I'm thinking more of the target fanbase (although you can clearly argue Charlize is more box office poison than gold), and making sure people want to see this. It's likely the window already closed on that period (recast or not) because Miller spent much of the time after the last film in litigation.

With that said, I'm guessing that everyone involved in Fury Road didn't want any part of a hellacious almost year long shooting schedule, George Miller destroying half of Namibia again, and passed on doing another one of these. That seems rather reasonable.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:34 AM, Control said:

The only one of the cast that had a respectable career is Robert Wagner ,and he's a thousand years old. . .

12 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The only one of the cast that had a respectable career is Robert Wagner ,and he's a thousand years old. . .

Wow, it's like the entire roster of reactionary right-wing actors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1