DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Tom Cruise is adamant that people working on his movies follow the COVID guidelines. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I fully support his crazy ranting ass

Same. Here's the NSFW video and transcript:

Spoiler

We want the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us! Because they believe in us and what we’re doing!

I’m on the phone with every f–king studio at night, insurance companies, producers, and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs you motherf–kers.

I don’t ever want to see it again, ever! And if you don’t do it you’re fired, if I see you do it again you’re f–king gone. And if anyone in this crew does it – that’s it, and you too and you too. And you, don’t you ever f–king do it again.

That’s it! No apologies. You can tell it to the people that are losing their f-ing homes because our industry is shut down. It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education.

That’s what I sleep with every night. The future of this f–king industry! So I’m sorry I am beyond your apologies. I have told you and now I want it and if you don’t do it you’re out. We are not shutting this f–king movie down! Is it understood?

If I see it again you’re f–king gone — and you are — so you’re going to cost him his job, if I see it on the set you’re gone and you’re gone.

That’s it. Am I clear?

Do you understand what I want? Do you understand the responsibility that you have? Because I will deal with your reason. And if you can’t be reasonable and I can’t deal with your logic, you’re fired. That’s it. That is it.

I trust you guys to be here. That’s it. That’s it guys. Have a little think about it. . .[inaudible].

That’s what I think of Universal and Paramount. Warner Brothers. Movies are going because of us. If we shut down it’s going to cost people f–king jobs, their home, their family. That’s what’s happening.

All the way down the line. And I care about you guys, but if you’re not going to help me you’re gone. OK? Do you see that stick? How many meters is that?

When people are standing around a f–king computer and hanging out around here, what are you doing? And if they don’t comply then send their names to Matt Spooner. That’s it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

More new release dates

Tom & Jerry - Feb 26, 2021 (this is up a week)

Mortal Kombat - April 16, 2021 (had been March, then January, now April)

The Hugh Jackman lead Sci Fi movie Reminiscence was supposed to be in that April 16 date. It no longer has a release date

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm reminded of this NSFW beauty back in the day:

To be fair, Christian was 100% proven to be in the right about this.  The lighting guy had been acting unprofessionally and actually gotten into a shot during a take.  They were trying to get a shot during a golden hour (the time between sunset/darkness) and he fucked it up.  

I mean the movie sucked, but Bale has the absolute right (like Tom) about being furious since the lighting guy is costing the movie a lot of money by fucking around.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Same. Here's the NSFW video and transcript:

Reveal hidden contents

We want the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us! Because they believe in us and what we’re doing!

I’m on the phone with every f–king studio at night, insurance companies, producers, and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs you motherf–kers.

I don’t ever want to see it again, ever! And if you don’t do it you’re fired, if I see you do it again you’re f–king gone. And if anyone in this crew does it – that’s it, and you too and you too. And you, don’t you ever f–king do it again.

That’s it! No apologies. You can tell it to the people that are losing their f-ing homes because our industry is shut down. It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education.

That’s what I sleep with every night. The future of this f–king industry! So I’m sorry I am beyond your apologies. I have told you and now I want it and if you don’t do it you’re out. We are not shutting this f–king movie down! Is it understood?

If I see it again you’re f–king gone — and you are — so you’re going to cost him his job, if I see it on the set you’re gone and you’re gone.

That’s it. Am I clear?

Do you understand what I want? Do you understand the responsibility that you have? Because I will deal with your reason. And if you can’t be reasonable and I can’t deal with your logic, you’re fired. That’s it. That is it.

I trust you guys to be here. That’s it. That’s it guys. Have a little think about it. . .[inaudible].

That’s what I think of Universal and Paramount. Warner Brothers. Movies are going because of us. If we shut down it’s going to cost people f–king jobs, their home, their family. That’s what’s happening.

All the way down the line. And I care about you guys, but if you’re not going to help me you’re gone. OK? Do you see that stick? How many meters is that?

When people are standing around a f–king computer and hanging out around here, what are you doing? And if they don’t comply then send their names to Matt Spooner. That’s it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if this will lead to a YouTube meme where the transcript will be read aloud like Crazy Sorority Girl E-Mail?

And I agree.  Wear your fucking mask.  Vaccine's not here yet.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, Christian was 100% proven to be in the right about this.  The lighting guy had been acting unprofessionally and actually gotten into a shot during a take.  They were trying to get a shot during a golden hour (the time between sunset/darkness) and he fucked it up.  

I mean the movie sucked, but Bale has the absolute right (like Tom) about being furious since the lighting guy is costing the movie a lot of money by fucking around.  

Always found the rant to be right and to this day, that song mix is so catchy/funny.

Its weird hearing Cruise go on a rant. It invokes thoughts of Les Grossman, but at the same time Cruise is right. You can just hear the frustration in voice as he goes off on them. The poor man is just tired of people being dumb.

• Like 1

Ok, so that is the context then, right? People on the set or in production weren't observing social distancing guidelines or wearing masks and he just blew the fuck up on them?

I mean, ok. I can't disagree with him for being livid. I mean maybe he could have come in at about a 7 instead of an 11, but he's not wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Does he even want to refute the point though? Seems like that's not what he's getting at. 

I tend not to pay heed to people that criticize people for how they say things rather than the substance of the argument.

Yes, Tom Cruise rants and jumps up and down on sofas and is probably a tad unhinged.

Yes, mother fuckers need to wear their masks until vaccination and herd immunity kicks in and the rate of infections drop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I tend not to pay heed to people that criticize people for how they say things rather than the substance of the argument.

Yes, Tom Cruise rants and jumps up and down on sofas and is probably a tad unhinged.

Yes, mother fuckers need to wear their masks until vaccination and herd immunity kicks in and the rate of infections drop.

I agree with all of this. But I was taking this specific take as an appreciation of Tom Cruise's ability to lace into someone and a contextualization of why he would do that, rather than an engagement with the larger argument at all. If you've got more context on Mancini's take, I'm happy to be wrong. But I'm not endorsing tone policing at all. Maybe mistakenly, my sense is that he's kind of into Cruise's outburst. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas

2 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I agree with all of this. But I was taking this specific take as an appreciation of Tom Cruise's ability to lace into someone and a contextualization of why he would do that, rather than an engagement with the larger argument at all. If you've got more context on Mancini's take, I'm happy to be wrong. But I'm not endorsing tone policing at all. Maybe mistakenly, my sense is that he's kind of into Cruise's outburst. 

He is calling Cruise a psychotic asshole who is grandstanding be he right or wrong about the subject. Mancini also just happens to be into it and wishes Cruise would take more roles that call for that side of him because Mancini sees that as the real Tom Cruise.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, Eivion said:

Its weird hearing Cruise go on a rant. It invokes thoughts of Les Grossman, but at the same time Cruise is right. You can just hear the frustration in voice as he goes off on them. The poor man is just tired of people being dumb.

NBC ripped Cruise for delivering the message "cruelly" instead of "with compassion". It's so obvious that this rant was like the 500th time he'd had to deal with this issue and it just boiled over. You can even tell he was reigning himself in. AND he was 100% right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

NBC ripped Cruise for delivering the message "cruelly" instead of "with compassion". It's so obvious that this rant was like the 500th time he'd had to deal with this issue and it just boiled over. You can even tell he was reigning himself in. AND he was 100% right. 

By the end he was trying to calm down. Felt like the stress was getting to him with money and jobs on the line.

COMING 2 AMERICA

Starring *cracks knuckles* Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, Shari Headley, James Earl Jones, John Amos, Leslie Jones, Wesley Snipes, Louie Anderson, and Tracy Morgan

Directed by Craig Brewer (Black Snake MoanHustle & FlowDolemite Is My Name)

The Little Things

Denzel is hunting a serial killer is probably all I need to tell you

Also starring Rami Malek and Jared Leto

Directed by John Lee Hancock (The Blind Side, Saving Mr. Banks)