DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

How'd I miss them redoing Mortal Kombat? Is it gonna be R rated now? 

Yes - including Greg Russo (who wrote the screenplay) saying that fatalities "would finally be on the big screen"

• Like 2

Wouldn't have been my pick.  I'd have gone with Frank Grillo or traveled back in time to get 30 year old Kurt Russell or 30 year old David Hayter.

Hopefully they go with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Liquid Snake and maybe Amber Heard as Meryl.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

Wouldn't have been my pick.  I'd have gone with Frank Grillo or traveled back in time to get 30 year old Kurt Russell or 30 year old David Hayter.

Hopefully they go with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Liquid Snake and maybe Amber Heard as Meryl.

To be fair - Oscar Isaac quasi campaigned to get the role so I would rather have someone who is a fan of a game then someone just collecting the pay check

I should also note that Jordan Vogt-Roberts is reportedly the director

We Can Be Heroes

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Quasi-sequel to Aventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

This was the movie that caused a stirring on social media last week as everyone noticed that while Taylor Dooley is back as Lavagirl (Lavawoman? Lavamom?), Taylor Lautner is nowhere to be found as Sharkboy

Oh and I guess I should mention this but Monster Hunter has pretty much gotten itself banned in China thanks to a racist joke.

Basically all the theaters yanked it a day after it opened there and it has gotten reviewed bombed. And apparently most places are refusing to show the now edited version. (And Capcom put out a statement now distancing themselves from the movie)

But hey clearly go see it in person here in the states ?

On 12/8/2020 at 2:18 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

*pops all of the popcorn*

Nolan had to put this in print because no one could actually hear him say any of this over loud, droning background noises.

• Haha 6

A whole lotta release date news via Disney (I already did the Marvel and Star Wars stuff in their threads, I am too lazy on the rest)

The King’s Man - Previously: February 12, 2021, New: March 12, 2021

Antlers - Previously: February 19, 2021, New: unset (Well that ain't good)

Raya and the Last Dragon - Previously: March 12, 2021, New: March 5, 2021

Free Guy - New: May 21, 2021

Death on the Nile - New: September 17, 2021

Encanto - New: November 24, 2021

Pixar’s Turning Red - New: March 11, 2022

Lightyear - New: June 17, 2022

On 12/8/2020 at 11:43 PM, Matt D said:

Molina’s great on his own merits but does anyone really want to see Holland interact with Garfield? 

Yes to Molina and no to Holland/Garfield/Maguire. I wanted Spider-Man 3 to be Kraven the Hunter out for Spider-Man with how Spider-Man: Far From Home ends. I do hope the rumours true that Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock/Daredevil will appear.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:23 AM, J.T. said:

Into the Spider Verse was so successful that they have to milk it immediately for the live action MCU?

This.

• Like 1