DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Are they planning on the Uncharted franchise being so successful, that they get to make so many sequels, that eventually Young Boy Tom ages into the role? In like 30 years time?

They're just pissed off that they let Harrison Ford get too old to make any more Indiana Jones movies, right? 

The Timothee Chalamet lead Bob Dylan biopic, Going Electric, has been paused "indefinitely" (and might be totally dead)

It is a combination James Mangold now doing Indiana Jones 5 and that the movie requires a lot of small indoor sets and hair and makeup which just isn't possible in the current COVID climate

The Midnight Sky

Director: George Clooney

Starring: George Clooney, Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir and Tiffany Boone

Adaptation of the book: Good Morning, Midnight

Respect (the Aretha Franklin biopic) that was gonna get a limited release on Christmas Day to make it Oscar eligible has been delayed to August 2021

Meanwhile the Tomb Raider sequel has been removed from the schedule completely 

• Sad 2

Jesus Christ this looks TERRIBLE:

When you're making a Biopic, aren't you supposed to cast someone in the lead who either looks like the person they're playing, or can at least do a decent impression of their voice? Because this dude doesn't look or sound anything like Dave Bowie AT ALL.

Watch Velvet Goldmine again instead.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Based on that awful score over the trailer, I’m guessing it has just as many Bowie songs on the soundtrack as Velvet Goldmine.

The only Bowie songs in it are his covers (I Wish You Would, My Death)

And it looks revisionist, like they're trying to say he was a directionless nobody until his American tour manager inspired him to find himself. So I'm guessing most of their research came from interviewing his American tour manager, and then interviewing him again after he'd had a nice big bottle of wine or two.

• Like 1

Wonder what would happen if we reached year 4 of a covid-lockdown?   Michael Bay did.

SONGBIRD

Starring Bradley Whitford (because of course it does), Demi Moore, KJ Apa, and Sofia Carson

That's hilarious. 

Civilization would crumble way faster and way worse than that.

...Will?

Meanwhile, how much of an asshole is this guy and his backers to not only try and make a bunch of cash by stoking people's fears while at the same time possibly exposing his cast and crew to a deadly virus?

Edited by Curt McGirt

On 10/29/2020 at 11:09 AM, AxB said:

And it looks revisionist, like they're trying to say he was a directionless nobody until his American tour manager inspired him to find himself. So I'm guessing most of their research came from interviewing his American tour manager, and then interviewing him again after he'd had a nice big bottle of wine or two.

LOL!  I'm always reminded of that scene in that awful Def Leppard biopic where superproducer Mutt Lange essentially teaches Joe Elliot to sing.