DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Apparently the Cineworld chain (in the UK) could be shutting down and closing all branches this week. The rightwing media is trying to blame it on Bond getting delayed. It's actually the Government's fault, but obviously the Sunday Times isn't going to go there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxB said:

Apparently the Cineworld chain (in the UK) could be shutting down and closing all branches this week. The rightwing media is trying to blame it on Bond getting delayed. It's actually the Government's fault, but obviously the Sunday Times isn't going to go there.

The same company also owns Regal Cinema here in the U.S., and apparently they are also closing until next year now, and the Bond film moving is taking the blame as well.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

Free Guy

They pull back the curtain on what the movie is actually about with this trailer. I don't think anyone is gonna be all OH NO! IT WAS SPOILED!!! but I am mentioning it ahead of time.

Also - release date is Dec 11, 2020 which seems... optimistic

Anyway: Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Taika Waititi

Directed by Shawn Levy

Lumped in with The Batman news was that The Matrix 4 is actually somehow getting pushed UP - from April 1st, 2022 to December 22nd, 2021.

I don't see how that release date sticks, but we'll see I guess.

EDIT: I mean, all the DC talk should probably be in the DC thread since this is pretty big stuff - because they also delayed Shazam 2 by seven months, Flash by 5 months, and completely removed Black Adam from their calendar (pending a new date). Jesus.

Edited by Casey

On 10/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, AxB said:

That's right. This Thursday for Cineworld. I know cinemas have tried older movies to entice people to go as there's few new releases. These include The Dark Knight Trilogy, Back to the Future trilogy and the original Star Wars trilogy. The Light is still open.

Edited by The Natural

Regal is also shutting down all cinemas in the US and UK until... whenever.  I mean, I'm kinda guessing Regal and AMC go under before Covid is dealt with and people actually start going to movies again, but we'll see.  There's not really a lot of reason to keep a theater open when the rest of the year is practically a blank slate for new releases.  I think Hocus Pocus was the top grossing film in the US last week?  It's also on Freeform this month, so....

Other release date changes

Monster Hunter - Dec 30, 2020 (moved up from April 23, 2021)

Escape Room 2 - bumped to the ominous "undetermined 2021 release date"