DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

One thing with the Oscars is that since they moved the ceremony to April, the extended the eligibility window

Dates also have shifted for the Academy Awards® eligibility period, submission deadlines and related awards season events.  The eligibility period for Academy Awards consideration has been extended beyond the standard December 31 deadline: a feature film must now have a qualifying release date between January 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021.  The submission deadline for specialty categories (Animated Feature Film, Documentary Feature, Documentary Short Subject, International Feature Film, Animated Short Film, Live Action Short Film) is December 1, 2020.  The submission deadline for general entry categories, including Best Picture, Original Score and Original Song, is now January 15, 2021.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:06 AM, RIPPA said:

Hit submit reply too quick

Jackass 3 was in the July 2 spot that Top Gun Maverick is now. Its new release date is Sept 3, 2021

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 now has a release date of April 8, 2022

Wasn't there already a Jackass 3?

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It'll be Nolan doing a travelling mudshow with a projector to shoot on the sides of buildings from a pickup truck. 

I imagine it's going to look like David Carradine in Bound for Glory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:41 PM, RIPPA said:

At the rate things are going - it will be just be drive-in theaters

I would totally go see Tenet at the big drive-in out in Goochland, VA on Labor Day weekend.

Edited by J.T.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, RIPPA said:

Finally took the hint

Secretly I am hoping Christopher Nolan is randomly wandering the streets yelling at anyone not wearing a mask "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!"

untitled-5_3.jpg

Turns out it's Christopher Nolan's 50th birthday today. Happy birthday. No prize for his birthday wish ?

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 5:15 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Maybe they can just run a Retro Oscars for all the movies that got re-released to the drive-ins and Jaws can win this time.

Use the Oscars next year to award the right Academy Awards winners and apologize for past fuck ups:

The Dark Knight (2008) wins Best Picture and Best Director.

The Dark Knight (2008), WALL-E (2008) and Gran Torino (2008) should have received Best Picture nominations in 2009. Fuck The Reader.

Ellen Burstyn as Best Actress for Requiem for a Dream (2000) instead of Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich (2000). One of the worst winners.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994), then Pulp Fiction (1994) for Best Picture. Forrest Gump won.

Nearly all the 2008/81st Annual Academy Awards, the Academy for Motion Pictures fucked up.

Let the Right One In (2008), no Foreign Language Film nod.

Christian Bale as Best Actor for American Psycho (2000). Bale's best performance.

Sam fucking Smith winning Best Original Song for "Writing's on the Wall" in Spectre (2015).

Clint Eastwood missing out on the Academy Award for Best Actor in Unforgiven (1992).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is better than any joke I could make

That might one of the biggest WTF plot summaries I've ever read.  But it's Amy Adams so I'm in...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Mulan is skipping theaters. $29.99 on Disney Plus starting September 4th.

And that's on top of your monthly sub fee. No word yet on how long you get to watch the film for that $30 extra fee.

• Thanks 1

I mean - I guess I get the logic.

If they assume the average is a 4 person household (2 adults, 2 kids) - that is less than $10

It obviously isn't as much a bargain as the $20 ones

But yeah - it sucks if you are the only person in your house who wants to see it.

Then you are better off just waiting till the eventually move to the regular Disney Plus section