DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

“Chris, let’s just release the movie next year.”

”M A D A M, I’ll R E F E R you to the S T A T S that say if we release T E N E T this summer it’ll take the T O P  S P O T at the box office. Then I’ll have enough money to buy a R A C E C A R. Also, A N N A, my personal trainer from
M Y  G Y M told me she’s really looking forward to taking her M O M to see it in a theater.”

” W O W.”

• Haha 8

Just noting that they moved that 10th anniversary Inception re-release back to that July 31 date

Or you could just watch Inception in Fortnite

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So someone can sit behind and breathe directly onto you. Got it. ?

I know you're joking, but I've been out in public multiple times. I mean, I go to the store at least 2 or 3 times a week. Plus, there's at least a 6 foot gap between the back of my head and the person behind me because the nice theater here converted into one of the luxury lounger theaters. There needs to be a ton of room in each aisle for those recliners to lay all the way back and still have 3 or more feet for people to walk through in front on you and behind. I think my main concern would be if the kids at the theater were wiping every seat down. That and eating and drinking, but I can pass up on popcorn and soda. I don't need that stuff anyway and I can just make it here at home.

• Like 1

Respect

Jennifer Hudson as Aretha Franklin

Hudson, Audra McDonald and Mary J Blige all (potentially) singing Aretha songs - that is gonna be a must buy soundtrack

• Like 2

I read that Shia went and got a real full chest tattoo for that movie. So obviously in the trailer he has a shirt on at all times.

Anyway, it looks like this:

Spoiler

Shia LaBeouf Puts His Shirtless, Tattooed Body on Display on Set ...

CREEPER

And the delays in new releases has led to our island of misfit theaters to shut down again after tonight. Owners insist it is not due to COVID-19, but due to studios not releasing new films, so we're crossing fingers that things will re-open next month.

I took my daughter to one of the theaters Friday afternoon to see "Trolls: World Tour." She already saw it on Amazon Prime, but wanted the "movie theater experience." 

-- Both of us wore masks our entire time in the theater.

-- The cinema showing "Trolls" had every row blocked off, and rows that were open had every third seat blocked off.

-- For a 12:30 pm show on July 3, there were all of six people in the theater. 

-- No previews, no commercials on screen. They just showed the film, which likely came from a DVD copy. (There was elevator music covers of Simply Red songs playing before the movie, which my daughter asked about -- she wasn't a fan.)

Trolls was showing in both theater complexes, as was the new Jon Stewart movie, a re-release of the original "Ghostbusters" and two documentaries.  Other films being featured included The Hangover, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Smokey and the Bandit and a pair of "only here" releases (Outpost and The Truth). Yeah, I can see why they decided to shut down again.

On the bright side, she enjoyed seeing Trolls again.

Edited by colonial

20 hours ago, colonial said:

And the delays in new releases has led to our island of misfit theaters to shut down again after tonight. Owns insist it is not due to COVID-19, but due to studios not releasing new films, so we're crossing fingers that things will re-open next month.

I took my daughter to one of the theaters Friday afternoon to see "Trolls: World Tour." She already saw it on Amazon Prime, but wanted the "movie theater experience." 

-- Both of us wore masks our entire time in the theater.

-- The cinema showing "Trolls" had every row blocked off, and rows that were open had every third seat blocked off.

-- For a 12:30 pm show on July 3, there were all of six people in the theater. 

-- No previews, no commercials on screen. They just showed the film, which likely came from a DVD copy. (There was elevator music covers of Simply Red songs playing before the movie, which my daughter asked about -- she wasn't a fan.)

Trolls was showing in both theater complexes, as was the new Jon Stewart movie, a re-release of the original "Ghostbusters" and two documentaries.  Other films being featured included The Hangover, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Smokey and the Bandit and a pair of "only here" releases (Outpost and The Truth). Yeah, I can see why they decided to shut down again.

On the bright side, she enjoyed seeing Trolls again.

I feel for them.  I own/owned a restaurant and we just shut it down again.  We were concerned about Covid (a number of the bars in the area have had customers or staff test positive after visiting) and we really weren't making much money, but mostly it was just a miserable, soul-crushing experience to stay open.  Watching people in masks try to enjoy a movie or nice meal is depressing.  I'm surprised movie theaters are even trying.  Without new releases, the chances of luring enough people to the theater to cover the costs seems slim. 

Bloody Nose, Empty Pockets (dir. Bill and Turner Ross)

A faux documentary about a closing Las Vegas bar, really one in NOLA filled with non-actors. Sundance flipped over it.

I fully expect to cry at least three times and laugh my ass off the entire length of this.

Out July 10th US, everywhere else who knows

Edited by Curt McGirt

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3622878/halloween-kills-officially-bumped-october-2021-teaser/

Say goodbye to Halloween Kills til next year

EDIT: The Forever Purge and the Candyman remake too.

I feel like whatever the subject of the final Purge film is won't be as timely as they hoped it would be.

• Haha 2

California is closing movie theaters back up (among other things)

Since as the Deadline story pointed out - it would take them pretty much a full month to get back up to speed (once they reopen again) so anything still holding onto an August release date should probably move

• Like 1