DVDVR Message Board

2020 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is no way any movie of that size will just be done digitally unless theaters announce they are closing till 2022

Tenet finally blinked but only somewhat - it has been moved from July 17 to July 31

Inception will be shown in theaters starting on July 17 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of its release

To go along with all that

Matrix 4 moved from May 21, 2021 to April 1, 2022

Godzilla vs Kong will now have the May 21 date

2022? 2025...maybe.

• Like 1

Bios has seen its release date moved from Oct 2020 to April 16, 2021

That means this Sci-Fi Drama starring Tom Hanks will now be going up against Reminiscence which is a... Sci-Fi Drama starring Hugh Jackman

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I nearly stumbled up the steps of my office building reading this news on my phone's RSS feed!

RETURN OF THE GORILLA WOLF MOTHER FUCKERS~!

I can't really talk about my feelings about the cast without spoiling the ending of the first movie, so I will reserve comment until solid casting news about the proposed sequel comes out.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Palm Springs

Andy Samberg, Cristin Milioti, JK Simmons

Hulu and select drive-ins on July 10

Was at Sundance this year. Appears to be what would you get if you set Groundhog Day at a wedding

Variety (@Variety) Tweeted:
AMC Theater CEO Adam Aron says their cinemas won't require masks upon reopening because they didn't "want to be drawn into a political controversy" https://t.co/zNjy9wzGMK

Admittedly, I'm not going to any movie theater any time soon anyway, but this AMC statement on masks is just spectacularly bad.

For those of you with kids in the demo - here is your warning

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - which was supposed to come out in May and then delayed to August - is gonna do the straight to OnDemand path

I am not quite sure what day it is dropping on OnDemand (they might be waiting till that August 7 release date)

It will then exclusively on CBS All Access in Early 2021

Warner Bros. announced the shift on Thursday amid rapidly changing and unexpected circumstances. According to sources, Disney is also expected to push back the July 24 release of fellow summer tentpole Mulan after the company announced late Wednesday that Disneyland in Anaheim is unlikely to resume operation next month as planned.

So July is off the table now.

• Sad 1

I think with Tenet it is because of Christopher Nolan’s very adamant “it must be experienced in the theater!” stance

At some point you just have to take the L, dude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best theatrical experiences are those where you and an audience are having a hive emotional moment and the bigger the audience, the better.

In the age of COVID, that is a license for an extended stay in a hospital or maybe even a death sentence.

Best case scenario is you watching this movie in a theater with a handful of people.  Not the same communal experience.

I am pretty sure I will do just fine getting this thing On Demand and watching it on my ginormous 4K television.  At least I can pause it so that I can go to the bathroom and not miss anything, because I know this mother fucker is going to be close to three hours long.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I honestly don't know why he doesn't just move it to next year.  With the potential of a second wave later in the fall, might as well take the time so that you CAN put it in the theater.

• Haha 1