DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

Looking at the original announcement it just says that they are available through "digital downloads"

The cynical part of me says that since both titles are also over in PS Now - they are trying to trick people into signing up for that

12 hours ago, Raziel said:

Don't know if this is Sony's oversight yet, but the Play at Home games aren't listed anywhere on the PS Store homepage, you have to actually go to the games themselves.

I guess they’ve changed it in the 12 hours since you posted this, since it’s the splash screen on the Featured tab.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Looking at the original announcement it just says that they are available through "digital downloads"

The cynical part of me says that since both titles are also over in PS Now - they are trying to trick people into signing up for that

bought Spiderman on day 1,  it is on PS Now but only until July.  Just Cause 4 is also on PS Now.  I really enjoy PS Now,  its a steal of a price and has tons of games worth playing.  Just revisited Resident Evil 4 last night. Really can't be beat for the value either. $30 or so for 3 months.   I've been meaning to try Golf Club 2019 and the newest Tomb Raider as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

My backlog is gigantic so I'm cool with not adding to it. Shit, even the rumors of it being Dying Light and Dark Souls Remastered didn't thrill me since I've gone through most of the former and don't wanna throw all my controllers with the latter. 

Some games are just better with a mouse and keyboard, and I'm definitely not a PC gamer at all. I love Civilization, but I've barely touched my Switch copy since I got it months ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Some games are just better with a mouse and keyboard, and I'm definitely not a PC gamer at all. I love Civilization, but I've barely touched my Switch copy since I got it months ago.

Is the Switch version bad?  I have it on my iPad and it's pretty much the same exact game as the PC version, and a Switch is better equipped for gaming than an iPad.

Farming Simulator might be playable on console.  But for Skylines, yeah, RTS/Building games have real control issues with a controller as opposed to Keyboard and Mouse.  

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Is the Switch version bad?  I have it on my iPad and it's pretty much the same exact game as the PC version, and a Switch is better equipped for gaming than an iPad.

It's not bad or anything, but for anything like that (AoE, Civilization, there was a space one on Xbox Game Pass that I liked but wasn't good control wise on a console...) I prefer a mouse and keyboard. I have a Switch stylus, and it helps with RTS games, but it's just not the same.

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

It's not bad or anything, but for anything like that (AoE, Civilization, there was a space one on Xbox Game Pass that I liked but wasn't good control wise on a console...) I prefer a mouse and keyboard. I have a Switch stylus, and it helps with RTS games, but it's just not the same.

That's one of the reasons I asked.  I played Stellaris on my Xbox, and had no issues with the control scheme.  I've been thinking about buying the Switch version of Civilization 6, because it's seemingly always on sale, but I've been weary about buying the same game on 3 different platforms.  

Stellaris is another one I couldn't imagine playing on console.  I had a hard enough time with all the menus and tiny text with a monitor right in my face.  Glad they made the port workable, though.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Did Stellaris ever solve that problem where in endgame it would just start running slower and slower because the code behind the game is held together by string? It was a big problem with the PC version for a while that put me off ever playing it.

I think I've only had one Stellaris game actually make it to the endgame so I'm not sure.  It definitely chugged a bit then.