DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

For anyone who downloaded Vanilla SF5 off PS+ (or might do so before Wed), the upgrade kit that brings you up to speed on characters and unlocks a lot of costumes is down to $18.  I have been playing semi regularly since launch day so I'm biased, but it's a fun game and it's cheaper than just spending thirty bucks on the CE starter.

• Like 1

CDkeys has 50% off on PS+ subscriptions. I picked up three as mine I think just ended. Ordering from there absolutely sucked and I haven't gotten a verification email yet while my first attempt came up with my bank saying they blocked a potentially fraudulent charge to my card. I don't remember this being such a pain in the ass back in the day. So I guess be warned? Maybe I'll end up being charged twice and get six years of PS+ so I can really rake in those sweet freebies like Vampyr and NfS Payback. ?

10 minutes ago, Jiji said:

CDkeys has 50% off on PS+ subscriptions. I picked up three as mine I think just ended. Ordering from there absolutely sucked and I haven't gotten a verification email yet while my first attempt came up with my bank saying they blocked a potentially fraudulent charge to my card. I don't remember this being such a pain in the ass back in the day. So I guess be warned? Maybe I'll end up being charged twice and get six years of PS+ so I can really rake in those sweet freebies like Vampyr and NfS Payback. ?

I just ordered the most recent expansions for Destiny 2 from CDKeys and it worked fine. I did get the warning from my bank, but I texted back to approve it. I got the code in my inbox within a minute. I've also bought all of my PS+ subs from there too and it's worked just the same. I'd say it's pretty reliable, but YMMV.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

I did an order for a PS+ sub on my birthday early this month and everything worked out fine. Verification email came in fast, and I didn't get a bank warning or anything. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I did have a problem using my Discover card. I had enough cashback bonus on my Discover card that I figured I would just use that to cover the cost. I could never get that to go through. I got a text message and an email from Discover asking if it was legit and if it was to just try again and it would never work.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, Tromatagon said:

At least one is sort of Halloween themed.

I mean the game is shitty but still.

I was having fun with Vampyr despite all of the issues but I couldn't get past the game constantly crashing my PS4. It got to the point where it crashed almost every hour which I have never experienced on this console. I was getting anxiety going into boss fights just because I didn't think the game could hold up. This was back in April but I doubt anything got patched. A real shame.

• 3 weeks later...