DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

6 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Spider-Man is the best superhero game ever made, but I have a feeling that 99% of the people that need to play it have it.

But my podcast cohost that we bought a PS4 is one of that 1% so he's going to be stoked.

Yer ole pal Tabe is also in that 1%.  So hopefully it turns to be one of the freebies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It being a freebie has to be legit since it's already on NOW and super cheap.  Unless it isn't.

That doesn't mean much.  90% of the time the bigger "rumors" that show up on PSBlog or the other sites that try and predict the games tend to be false.

So I guess Call of Duty: World War 2 is actually one of the two free games for June, instead of being an additional freebie like I thought. But the other game is likely Star Wars 2: Battlefront.

Battlefront 2 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better now that it was at launch.  It still requires doing some grinding to level up all the classes/heroes/ships/weapons abilities, and it strongly favors people who invested time in the game, but they run so many double/triple XP events that it's not really hard (they're doing a double XP in all modes right now so I got 5ish levels with all classes last night).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Battlefront 2 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better now that it was at launch.  It still requires doing some grinding to level up all the classes/heroes/ships/weapons abilities, and it strongly favors people who invested time in the game, but they run so many double/triple XP events that it's not really hard (they're doing a double XP in all modes right now so I got 5ish levels with all classes last night).

I'll say this...I preordered Battlefront 2 knowing full well I shouldn't and I did anyway. The response from the game devs and EA at the start to all of the problems with that game was fucking absurd. Just the most tone deaf bullshit you'll ever see.

And since that time they pulled a No Man's Sky and made that game into something really fun and cool. Like Raziel said, you're going to be doing some grinding, but at least it's fun and all of the loot box bullshit and pay to win bullshit was stripped out.

I went from deleting Battlefront 2 probably a few weeks after it came out to reinstalling it less than a year ago and I'm happy I did. It kinda sucks that they're done supporting the game now, but it's still worth playing.

This week's Epic Store freebie is Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

I've only had the launcher installed for three weeks for their store and so far I've gotten GTA 5, Civ 6, and a Borderlands game.  Slightly old or not, those are major, major titles to be giving away.

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

This week's Epic Store freebie is Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.

I've only had the launcher installed for three weeks for their store and so far I've gotten GTA 5, Civ 6, and a Borderlands game.  Slightly old or not, those are major, major titles to be giving away.

Actually, you've got 3 Borderlands games, though the less said about the pre-sequel the better.

Pre Sequel is flawed but not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. The moon sections being up front was a creative mistake, though. And it doesn't have anything close to the endgame of 2.

The space station parts were generally really good. And the characters were quite fun to play, each had something cool and unique going on. Is it my least favourite of the Collection? Yes, but it's still not a bad game.

The GOG Summer Sale has started.  Big discounts on a  lot of stuff.  Two that jumped out at me - The Bard's Tale Trilogy (which includes the originals and remakes of all 3 games) for $7.49 and the Dungeon Siege series (games 1-3, no DLC) for $4.99.  

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

Actually, you've got 3 Borderlands games, though the less said about the pre-sequel the better.

Handsome Collection is only 2 and the Pre-Sequel.  The remake of 1 is sold separately.

Persona 5 is like 8 bucks on PSN now but I'm not sure I need another JRPG that I'll never play.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Handsome Collection is only 2 and the Pre-Sequel.  The remake of 1 is sold separately.

Damn forgot that. I actually bought that collection but only to have the dlc. Only ever played 2 on it though