DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

For those that might need to re-up, CDKEYS is running a pretty goddamn slamming sale on PS Plus 1 year codes. $30.79. I copped a couple like 3 days ago, and they were $31.99, so you can save even more if you are about to expire, or just want to pay half price to extend whatever time you have left on your current deal..

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

14 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

GTA 5 is free on the Epic Game Store but good luck actually getting the store to load today.

I just got it to work, so it is possible!

Humble is also giving away Aegis Defenders. 2D tower defense. Love the art style, but haven't actually installed it yet.

NES Rygar gets added to the Switch Online on March 20 (also Wild Guns, Panel de Pon, and Operation Logic Bomb for the SNES). I am really looking forward to next weekend when I can completely annoy my family by playing Rygar for five hours straight with the same awesome 8-bit music constantly looped while they want to water imaginary flowers or some ridiculous and insipid thing like that.

Lego Ninjago Movie game is free on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam. Looks like it might be today only, so get in on it if you want it! 

It's one of the few Lego games I haven't played, but I imagine it's pretty decent. You pretty much know what you're in for with those games...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Lego Ninjago Movie game is free on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam. Looks like it might be today only, so get in on it if you want it!

Apparently you have until May 21 to download - so a little less than a week

21 hours ago, Death From Above said:

GTA 5 is free on the Epic Game Store but good luck actually getting the store to load today.

Thanks, yoinked that.

When I logged in,  I noticed that my name wasn't mine, and that my country was Russian Federation. A little worrying. 

No charges of any kind, just apparently a squatter. I think I've secured my account now (even if a third party decided they wanted the username throughsilver).  

On 5/21/2020 at 10:38 AM, Zimbra said:

Civ 6 is free on the Epic Game Store this week.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've somehow never played a Civ game...

Call of Duty: WWII is one of the PS Plus games for June

In conjunction with Memorial Day - the game is available starting tomorrow (May 26)

The other games will be announced later this week

Jesus, this is like two fucking Shantae games in a row on GWG and I really don't give a rat's ass about Coffee Talk.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

GWG hasn't been good this entire calendar year if not longer

GWG hasn't been shit since 2015 - 2018 when they were giving away stuff like Watch Dogs, Killer Instinct, Saint's Row:  Re-elected, and the Deus Ex prequels.

Edited by J.T.

Spider-Man is the best superhero game ever made, but I have a feeling that 99% of the people that need to play it have it.

But my podcast cohost that we bought a PS4 is one of that 1% so he's going to be stoked.

I think the rumor is that CoD: WW2 isn't a part of the June PS+ games, and it's just a freebie Memorial Day promotion.

That could very well turn out to be not true, though.

I went looking, and well, Spider-Man is actually just a rumor and hasn't been announced officially (that usually happens last Wednesday of the month).