DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

38 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Always wanted to get to Shadow of the Colossus, so that's good.  And I won't turn down a Sonic game.

This is something that can only be said by people who haven't played nearly enough Sonic games.  There are plenty of Sonic games that I wish I would have turned down.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well I mean, I've played almost all of them.  Although yeah, 3D Blast and 06 weren't the best things in the world.

There was about 15 years when every single Sonic game was terrible.  From Sonic 3D blast in 1996 to Sonic the Hedgehog 4 in 2010...I don't think I enjoyed anything in the entire series.

• 3 weeks later...

Uncharted 4 was a letdown for me.  It was a chore to finish.  I mean, yeah, it's a huge title to get for "free", I just didn't like it nearly as much as the first three.

11 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Flipside: I loved Uncharted 4 and thought it was a great end(?) to the series. 

I had many beefs with the game but here just a couple:

- I hated pretty much every character.  Not Drake so much but everybody else.  The brother, especially.

- Another problem with the brother - they basically gave him all the same capabilities as Drake.  Suddenly, Drake is no longer special or interesting.

- Even more than in past games, bullet sponge enemies that were just annoying and frustrating.  Gave up playing more than once because of that stuff before finally grinding through to the end.

• Like 1

I was cleaning up my email and saw I got an email end of last week.

If anyone is on PC and wants to get HITMAN - the complete first season for free you can do so with the Steam code CELEBRATE47

They were giving away 47,000 keys so I am going to assume it still works but who knows

Guest The Magnificent 7

Nice to see DiRT Rally 2.0 one of the free games for April. It’s a great game. Very challenging, though. So know what you’re getting into and give it time and don’t get frustrated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sony has announced "Play At Home", which they describe as...

Play At Home has two components: first, providing free games to help keep the PlayStation community entertained at home; and finally, establishing a fund to help smaller independent game studios who may be experiencing financial difficulties continue building great experiences for all gamers. 

It works just like PS Plus, but without requiring a membership. Download them during the timetable, and they're yours to keep. The first two games are Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey.

The newest Humble Bundle is all stuff from 2k games:

$1 tier:

The Darkness II

Sid Meier's Pirates

Carnival Games VR

Spec Ops: The Line

$10 tier:

The Golf Club 2019

BioShock: The Collection

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete

NBA 2K Playgrounds 2

$20 tier:

NBA 2k20

WWE 2k20

XCom: Enemy Unknown Complete

Borderlands: Game of the Year Enhanced

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

That's a tremendous value for $20.

If you have a Uplay account, Assassin's Creed 2 is free right now.  Just launch your Uplay client, click on the link at the top of the screen, and you're done.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The PlayStation Store has the Spider-Man Game of the Year edition for $20. I've heard this game is good so I picked it up as that seems like a pretty decent price.

That is great value. I really enjoyed the game. Just swingin' around town is fun to do, but the story is well done too and the combat mechanics are really neat. Very well made game and I don't really give a shit about super heroes.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll echo that sentiment.  Sitting at home now I finally got to finishing the game and man is it fun to play.  I remember getting it for $20 at Best Buy last year and definitely got my money's worth and then some.

Don't know if this is Sony's oversight yet, but the Play at Home games aren't listed anywhere on the PS Store homepage, you have to actually go to the games themselves.