DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

44 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

is hollow knight similar to cuphead?  If so my daughter will love it!

It's a very cool looking MetroidVania with a cartoony vibe but boss battles on par with Dark Souls, so it at least has the same difficulty level as Cuphead. 

• Like 1

I already have Shadow of War, it's ok, if not simply Assassin's Creed: Mordor.

I'm all in on Hollow Knight.

Are they doing the same thing they did when the PS4 launched, where Plus people could "buy" the Plus Freebies without having the 4 yet?

14 hours ago, Raziel said:

I already have Shadow of War, it's ok, if not simply Assassin's Creed: Mordor.

I'm all in on Hollow Knight.

Are they doing the same thing they did when the PS4 launched, where Plus people could "buy" the Plus Freebies without having the 4 yet?

That's what I'm hoping for since I didn't pre-order the PS5.  I'm looking to get it sometime around launch assuming that's possible so as long as I can add them to the library then I'll be a happy camper.

w1uukucjz3lkhwqjfcwl.png

Xbox One
Aragami: Shadow Edition (November 1-30)
Swimsanity! (November 16-December 15)

Xbox 360 (compatible with Xbox One)
Full Spectrum Warrior (November 1-15)
Lego Indiana Jones (November 16-30)

It really does seem like Microsoft is just focusing on indie titles (at least the XBone ones) to push people towards Gamepass for the big titles.

Lego Indy is hella fun but its also like the 2nd or 3rd Lego game so it is COMPLETELY different than most of the other games

• 4 weeks later...

Via the Microsoft Store - there a lot of "Black Friday" deals for XBOX games

Some of the "bigger" things

• Marvel Avengers - $30
  • Watch Dog Legion - $40.19
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey - $15
  • Assassins Creed Bundle (Valhalla, Odyssey, Origins) - $80
  • Control Ultimate Edition - $20
  • Far Cry 5 - $15
  • Hitman 2 - $12
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (GOTY Edition) - $38.99
  • Prey/Dishonored 2 Bundle - $19.49
  • Life is Strange 2 (Complete Season) - $12.78
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - $26.99
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $15

That is a super quick pass through when I skimmed for 30 seconds and ignores anything that is also available via Game Pass

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Via the Microsoft Store - there a lot of "Black Friday" deals for XBOX games

Some of the "bigger" things

• Marvel Avengers - $30
  • Watch Dog Legion - $40.19
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey - $15
  • Assassins Creed Bundle (Valhalla, Odyssey, Origins) - $80
  • Control Ultimate Edition - $20
  • Far Cry 5 - $15
  • Hitman 2 - $12
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (GOTY Edition) - $38.99
  • Prey/Dishonored 2 Bundle - $19.49
  • Life is Strange 2 (Complete Season) - $12.78
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 - $26.99
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $15

That is a super quick pass through when I skimmed for 30 seconds and ignores anything that is also available via Game Pass

Before you guy any of these, check their prices on Amazon.  Star Wars Squadrons is $23.99 in the Xbox store, but $16.99 on Amazon for instance.

Am I the only one wondering why Microsoft and Sony are still bothering with these free games?  They clearly don't want to give us anything worthwhile, and both have services in Game Pass and Playstation Now that have the games people want.  

• Like 1

And if you take away the "free" games every month, you're paying $10 a month (or cheaper if you go the full year route) for just multiplayer capabilities. If it wasn't for the games, I wouldn't even have PS+ since I don't do multiplayer all that much.

I kind of expected the December games to be kind of shitty after they offered so much good shit for PS5 owners.

• Like 1

Yeah, they just gave away a shit ton of AAA games through the PS Plus Collection, plus still got Bugsnax PS5 going for free and a great Black Friday sale. Shit, between the free games and new system, I just added like a dozen games to my pile of shame - truly didn't need anything more. 

12 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I miss the days of multiplayer indies like Rocket League and Mercenary Kings being free on day one so that everyone is playing the same cool new game for a month.

Destruction All Stars will potentially be that. 

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Like Fall Guys three months ago?

Man. I completely forgot about that somehow, despite having dropped probably 30 hrs into it.  Gonna blame it on (a) December games just being that lame and (b) having hung out with my little quarantine pod for the first time in 3 months for the holiday.

I haven't played Fall Guys in a month or so.  I think when I saw how much they wanted for the Sonic outfit plus frustrations with some of the levels I just checked out for awhile.  Might give it another go but I'm glad I got the game for free.

The season two rewards are far less stingy than the season one rewards were. Like you could get 3 crowns by levelling in season one, but it's like 15 for season two.

• Like 1