DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

On 6/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, Tabe said:

Free Steam code for anybody who wants Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing since I already had it:

4XNIX-Q5AP5-VIPWN

Age of Wonders III - same deal:

4KWYM-9F0HI-Y59I8

Grabbed these, Thanks!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this goes here. Great news!

Not only do we get Donkey Kong Country but we also get the generic version of the All Japan SNES games and a neat lookin' li'l NES game too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

It's pretty fun once you figure out how to play it.

I also don't remember how to play it.

Looking up the guide on Gamefaqs (for lack of knowing a better site to check at the moment) holy crap this looks like a keeper.  You not only see who the characters are based off of but it seems they have a good amount of their moves in there.  And the modes make this one I'll be playing for quite a bit.  That is of course if I can pry it away from my wife who tends to play Animal Crossing or Pokemon the whole time.

I got Assassin's Creed: Origins Gold Edition for $20 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition (which for some reason includes AC3 Remastered) for $30 on Xbox tonight, so sometime in the next decade I'll eventually play those.

• Like 1

I can second that, regarding XBox games at Dollar Tree. I dont remember what titles, but I saw three different games, but its a YMMV thing. One dollar tree in PA had a bunch of new dvds and the games, but another had nothing.

Not the right thread, but theres also wrestling dvds in the recent shipment at DT. Got ESPN 30 for 30 Doc on Flair, Survivor Series '13 and the Summerslam where Daniel Bryan returned against Nexus

On 6/12/2020 at 1:28 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I got it this morning.  There's a ton of games and most I'll never touch.  But it's a helluva steal and if it helps raise that much then I'm happy to get it.  Now I just need a computer that doesn't want to take off into space everytime I try to play a game.  But at least this will be available once we eventually upgrade.

I've played through some of these now. A lot you can get through in a few days.

Lenna's Inception: Fun glitchy Link to the Past style game with more of an Earthbound sense of humor. It opens up as you get more power-ups and the lack of polish is part of the charm. 

Minit: Pretty brilliant actually. You have one minute to advance the game. It's a learn by doing sort of thing with a lot of clever secrets. It's amazing how much they were able to do with that mechanic.

Milkmaid of the Milky Way: Sierra style point and click adventure game with rhyming dialogue. Good puzzles and a pretty far out story. I played this with the 8-year old and it went well.

Chook and Sosig: Walk the Plank: This was more of a LucasArts style point and click adventure game, also played with the 8-year old. Puzzles are a bit more straightforward for the most part but it has a great Sam & Max feel to it.

Mini-Ghost: 8-bit style metroidvania that you'll just burn through. Tight enough controls, satisfying exploration and lots of power-ups.

Hidden Folks: Where's Waldo style game with a goofy aesthetic and a lot to see/find/interact with. Again, played with the 8 year old.

Underhero: On this one now (and I hadn't intended to play with the 8-year old but she took it over from me). Clever Super Mario RPG/platformer hybrid with a neat little evil minion becomes a great hero plot and a whimsical world.

I'd honestly suggest almost any of these to just about anyone here. Next up on the docket are Astrologaster and 2064, 

• Thanks 1

Is that Call of Duty an offline only single player game? Because I might try it if it is. Never played a CoD game and I'd like to see what it's like, but I don't really have any interest in CoD online deathmatches (as a guy who doesn't play FPS's, playing one against a bunch of people who've been playing them for 14 hours a day for the last fifteen years doesn't appeal at all).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Is that Call of Duty an offline only single player game? Because I might try it if it is. Never played a CoD game and I'd like to see what it's like, but I don't really have any interest in CoD online deathmatches (as a guy who doesn't play FPS's, playing one against a bunch of people who've been playing them for 14 hours a day for the last fifteen years doesn't appeal at all).

There is a single player part, but it's really short, like 5-6 hours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

So much for focusing on giving us better titles. Them shits is terrible across the board next month. 

For the most part, no shit. It's bad.

But then I watched a video for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and I kinda changed my tune. The game looks like Gang Beasts combined with an obstacle course played against dozens of other players. I was laughing watching the video. For a free game that my friends, their kids, my daughter, and me can all play and have some laughs at, I don't think it looks that awful. It's definitely not up to the value of past games, but it doesn't look bad.

• Like 1