DVDVR Message Board

2020 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

AxB

Thanks for that. Night in the Woods is pretty much the only game I'm familiar with. Not that it matters, due to the cause, but anything else worth much time?

Never mind, it has Hot Gay Bro Dragons. 

Edited by Oyaji

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Thanks for that. A Night in the Woods is pretty much the only game I'm familiar with. Not that it matters, due to the cause, but anything else worth much time?

I have no idea, but people are touting Oxenfree as the #1 game in there. Also mentioned in the comments were Quadrilateral Cowboy, the King's Bird, A Short Hike, Overland, Minit, Super Win the Game, Super Hexagon, Bleed 1 and 2, and Heavy Bullets. 

I think people are still working through the list.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

I have no idea, but people are touting Oxenfree as the #1 game in there. Also mentioned in the comments were Quadrilateral Cowboy, the King's Bird, A Short Hike, Overland, Minit, Super Win the Game, Super Hexagon, Bleed 1 and 2, and Heavy Bullets. 

I think people are still working through the list.

It's definitely a neat mix, including tabletop PDFs. Even if 90% of the bundle is skipable, that's still dozens of games to check out. Plenty of wheat with the chaff.

For wrestling games there, there is apparently a Kaiju Big Battel game in the mix, so there's a plus there as well.

Wasn't sure on the way of it- I don't have a lot of space, but I have been playing a lot of games and could use some quantity as well for things I'm doing somewhere else.

This week's free Epic game is Ark: Survival Evolved.  Just open up the Epic Game Launcher and you should see it.

And Snake Pass is free from Humble Bundle right now.

37 minutes ago, Tabe said:

This week's free Epic game is Ark: Survival Evolved.  Just open up the Epic Game Launcher and you should see it.

And Snake Pass is free from Humble Bundle right now.

Epic actually has two freebies this week.  The other is the can't-even-buy-it-yet Samurai Shodown collection.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Epic actually has two freebies this week.  The other is the can't-even-buy-it-yet Samurai Shodown collection.

Thanks for the tip.  *fires up Epic Game Launcher*...

Regarding the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality

It has raised $5.4 million dollars so far and now contains over 1600 titles (1637 to be exact)

You have a little more than 3 days to take advantage if you so choose

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Celeste and Nuclear Throne aren't new but both are absolutely worth more than $5 on their own. Also, there are SIXTEEN HUNDRED OTHER THINGS. It's a game hoarder's dream, and it's for a great cause.

I got it this morning.  There's a ton of games and most I'll never touch.  But it's a helluva steal and if it helps raise that much then I'm happy to get it.  Now I just need a computer that doesn't want to take off into space everytime I try to play a game.  But at least this will be available once we eventually upgrade.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
10 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Celeste and Nuclear Throne aren't new but both are absolutely worth more than $5 on their own. Also, there are SIXTEEN HUNDRED OTHER THINGS. It's a game hoarder's dream, and it's for a great cause.

Secret Little Haven is in the bundle too, which is a game I've mentioned on here before. The best way I can describe it is a desktop simulator game set in 1999, and it has a significant trans-heavy theme. I strongly recommend it if you want to see what it was like to be a trans woman discovering who she was in 1999. (It also made me cry. Like a lot. For obvious reasons.)

Humble Bundle is doing a "Fight For Racial Justice" bundle right now.  $30 buys you a whole bunch of stuff.  High quality, AAA titles included - NBA 2k20, Bioshock Remastered, and a whole bunch of other quality titles.  

https://www.humblebundle.com/fight-for-racial-justice-bundle?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=fightforracialjustice_ann&utm_content=en&fbclid=IwAR1X1X9c4DEA8lOf0KLcnS7wqyydly578k0G8nIX5Srz0SUYNlFOEoRm6Tk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free Steam code for anybody who wants Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing since I already had it:

4XNIX-Q5AP5-VIPWN

Age of Wonders III - same deal:

4KWYM-9F0HI-Y59I8

Edited by Tabe

Pathway is free on the Epic Store right now.  Just open the Launcher or go into your account to claim it.  May have to search for it (I did).