DVDVR Message Board

Musician/music photo thread

Cole Miner

This is crazy. I was just going through Blind Blake albums on Spotify and spotted an album and couldn't believe the cover of it. The album cover is my picture I did using gimp. I colorized the Blind Blake image and did some repair work on it. I had posted the image to imgur so I guess they found it there. 

51K2gcHZYkL._SS500.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

You are one lucky motherfucker. Scarface, Electric Wizard and Immortal Technique sounds like the sickest bill that never happened. 

I used to rarely ever go to concerts. Probably could count on one hand where someone took me to the show. Outside of Buckethead, which is one of my favorite experiences (saw him 4 times now). Then it just clicked and most of them were last year with a friend or 2. Kind of like a non-bachelor party lead up to wedding events with buds. I have no shame in going to a concert solo though.

Immortal Technique sounded excellent. Chino XL was one of his openers. Scarface was funny in that he would start a classic and then stop halfway through and say “you kids don’t know that one.” He stood around and took pictures with people for a long time. He started hella late though and I had work the next morning. Very worth it though. Electric Wizard was playing at a venue with an inclined floor (like a hill) so head banging was tough but still managed.

My favorite was Kool Keith. I’m a super mark for him. Shook his hand and told him his music meant a lot to me and he was very cool to everyone.

• Like 1

@Curt McGirt, fantasy concert booking is always fun. Haha

GZA was awesome. He saw a kid (teenish) was singing along and he brought him on stage to do a verse and he adorably was so excited. 

Here he’s doing ODB’s Shimmy Shimmy Ya. You can hear me yell “killllaaaaah!”

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...