DVDVR Message Board

2020 INDIE WRESTLING

RIPPA

Since we’re staying in these days and may need some recommendations, I’ve recently been getting into Reality of Wrestling, who I affectionately refer to as Booker’s Kids. Lots of fun young talent with great execution so you know they’re being taught well. Rok-C is good, MANtell is great, Savage King isn’t the best but he looks dope. They did a joint show with Impact (and more than held their own) for those looking for an entry point but you could pick up any episode and be fine.

Also, Mil Muertes and Alex Hammerstone beat each other up for a belt in PCW Ultra. And if you haven’t checked out Killer Kross and Tom Lawlor from MLW I’d do that too.

• Like 2

I really want to start watching Reality of Wrestling. I have been watching a lot of the Kayfabe Commentary shoots on Highspots. The timeline shows seem to fly by super fast and are always a good watch.  Now that I am working from home I think I will watch the IWTV lineup and put my eyes on some talent I haven't seen or maybe even heard of.

I will say this much, as much as this crisis will hurt indy wrestling as far as ticket sales, it will help a lot of talent as now through on demand we can all put our eyes on guys and girls we may have never seen/heard of and can support these guys whether it be prowrestlingtees, or through other areas. 

• Like 1

Reality of Wrestling has been a fun watch for over a year now. My local indie BIW uses some ROW talent off and on.

Moonshine Mantell from ROW also works for SWE Fury outta Canton TX. They also have Andy Dalton and Barrett Brown. Airs on FITE app and Right Now TV.

If anyone is interested in checking out Australian indies, one of the best companies in Australia EPW are releasing their entire video library for free until the live events ban in Australia is lifted. 

Add in promo code EPWSupport to take a look. Varied wrestling, good production and mostly logical storylines.

16 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

GCW Acid Cup has been fun so far. Glad I got IWTV.

With special celebrity guest Pitbull, no less. I got home halfway through Jordan Oliver's match, what did I miss?

A fun match between Lucky 13 and Shane Mercer. I didn't know a whole lot of the wrestlers on the show, KTB had a fun opener with Cole Radrick, who I was unfamiliar with. Allie Cat got some help from Nick Gage against someone I guess Gage is feuding with. 

11 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

A fun match between Lucky 13 and Shane Mercer. I didn't know a whole lot of the wrestlers on the show, KTB had a fun opener with Cole Radrick, who I was unfamiliar with. Allie Cat got some help from Nick Gage against someone I guess Gage is feuding with. 

I thought the 13/Mercer match went a tad too long, but it was good. Agree that the opener was good. 

The Allie Cat/Cogar match—Cogar is from the Cleveland area and has done some stuff around the indies, and he's part of the 44OH! (get it, the Cleveland area code, so creative they are) group with Page/Iron/Only that are part of the feud between RSP and Gage (also explains some of the negative comments by Janela on commentary). I thought the match was a bit rough at times. 

I only watched just more than half the show, but Janela's has some small bits that are intentionally or unintentionally hilarious. On the "secret" location: ""There's Blake Christian, he beat me last week in this buil ... not in this building."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Watching Mance Warner matches (or ring entrances, for that matter) for random US indies on IWTV is completely different from watching Mance Warner matches on MLW Fusion. For some reason, his overwhelming charisma level doesn't transmit on MLW. On Fusion, he seems pretty good star with an interesting character. But if you see (for example) his match vs Levi Everett from Bizarro Lucha (Cold Dead Body in the Woods), he seems like he could be a Rock/Austin level megastar guy.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Acid Cup will make great Saturday afternoon viewing when nothing else is on.

You could spend the time between now and the next time the Knicks win the NBA Title watching shows on IWTV and never run out of stuff to watch.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

You could spend the time between now and the next time the Knicks win the NBA Title watching shows on IWTV and never run out of stuff to watch.

Even if they never upload another show.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Good thing I'm not exactly waiting for the Knicks to win.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:15 AM, EricG said:

I thought the 13/Mercer match went a tad too long, but it was good. Agree that the opener was good. 

The Allie Cat/Cogar match—Cogar is from the Cleveland area and has done some stuff around the indies, and he's part of the 44OH! (get it, the Cleveland area code, so creative they are) group with Page/Iron/Only that are part of the feud between RSP and Gage (also explains some of the negative comments by Janela on commentary). I thought the match was a bit rough at times. 

I only watched just more than half the show, but Janela's has some small bits that are intentionally or unintentionally hilarious. On the "secret" location: ""There's Blake Christian, he beat me last week in this buil ... not in this building."

Huh...I always thought 44OH! was short for “Four for Ohio.” Because there are four of them. When I type it out that way, it feels way dumber. The area code thing makes about a million percent more sense!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shane said:

Huh...I always thought 44OH! was short for “Four for Ohio.” Because there are four of them. When I type it out that way, it feels way dumber. The area code thing makes about a million percent more sense!

Shane Taylor named his finisher after Cleveland's other area code (Greetings from 216).

So as of right now the last indie show to happen in MS was the two night Widowfest event March 13th and 14th. I posted the best matches of each night already.

Learned earlier today,while out looking for bread and TP,that I was the only person that filmed any of the Battlezone Hall of Fame stuff.

Having upload issues so this one took a bit. It is dark and a little blurry because it was the main of an outdoor show last August:

OSOYOOS STREET FIGHT FOR THE THRASH WRESTLING TITLE:

"Northern Nightmare" Camaro Cope (c) vs. "Top Drawer" Michael More (w/Ryan Orion)