DVDVR Message Board

2020 INDIE WRESTLING

RIPPA

56 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

I went to USA pro last night in Orlando. It was a usual USA pro show going 4.5 hours and a lot of no shows( Rock N Roll Express, Teddy Hart, Jesse Neal etc). Teddy at least was known ahead of time. Goodman did a ok job rebooking the whole show. Matt Sydal vs Shannon moore was good. Moore is jacked now and I think he's headed to the PC as a coach. My favorite match of the night was Vordell Walker vs Shane Mercer. First time seeing Mercer and he's a beast. They drove a Uhaul truck ringside and Mercer took a bump off it into the ring. It was crazy. Also, Scott Steiner vs Joey Ryan happened and no one really cared. Steiner didn't even take the dick flip so what's the point to booking Joey then?

I want them to form a new tag team called Team DickMath.

This week's episode looks at Thrash Wrestling's upcoming shows this weekend: RUNNING ROUGHSHOD in West Kelowna today (Friday, Feb. 21) and FIGHT NIGHT in Penticton on Feb. 22. Runs down the listed matches, has promos from Vance Nevada and Jayce D'Arcy (aka Taylor King if he ever figures out what name he wants to fucking use), and also features a Thrash Wrestling Title match from last November between Jayce and Danny Duggan...

If you've got IWTV, St Louis Anarchy's In Your Hall Strongstyle has been a hell of a show. It's in intermission right now, but right before that we had The Viking War Party vs The Hooligans in the best pure brawl I've seen in years.

if you have seen EFFY's promo then are usually funny and some of the time gets peoples' attention.  His last one promoting his Big Gay Ass Brunch got attention because apparently attention whores like Brad Shepard thought it was wrong to say that people who say homophobic or racist or xenophobic at the show are getting the shit beat out of him

Here is his promo for a match against Faye Jackson.  Possibly NSFW audio wise but funny as hell

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Newest episode of Wild Okanagan Wrestling previews all three B.C. promotions hosting shows on an elusive "Leap Day" Saturday, as well as promos from Adam "Mustache" Ryder and "Bomber" Braydon Goss. Also a look back at the first-ever "Cope's Cabin" talk segment, and a "Christmas Chaos" match between Jade and Scarlett Black from Summerland last December 7!

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

Newest episode of Wild Okanagan Wrestling previews all three B.C. promotions hosting shows on an elusive "Leap Day" Saturday, as well as promos from Adam "Mustache" Ryder and "Bomber" Braydon Goss. Also a look back at the first-ever "Cope's Cabin" talk segment, and a "Christmas Chaos" match between Jade and Scarlett Black from Summerland last December 7!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Had to collect my thoughts a bit after the last weekend. This was my third year in a row attending 16 Carat Gold. I think the overall match quality was a bit lower this year than the previous two years, there was a lot of stuff that was just mediocre and of course the David Starr thing (though expected) left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.

However the matches that were good, were really REALLY good. So I put everything from the weekend that I consider absolutely must-see in a handy list and ranked them. I'm putting this in spoiler tags for the unrealistic case, that someone's reading this who wants to watch the shows unspoiled.

Spoiler

1. Mike Bailey vs. Bandido (16 Carat Gold - Night 2)
2. Daisuke Ikeda vs. Yuki Ishikawa (Ambition 12)
3. Mike Bailey vs. Cara Noir (16 Carat Gold - Night 3)
4. Ethan Allen vs. Luke Jacobs (Ambition 12)
5. Bandido, Jeff Cobb & Julian Pace vs. Black Taurus, Puma King & Hektor Invinctus (16 Carat Gold - Night 3)
6. Black Taurus vs. Shigehiro Irie (16 Carat Gold - Night 1)
7. Mike Bailey vs. Chris Ridgeway (16 Carat Gold - Night 1)
8. Daisuke Ikeda & Yuki Ishikawa vs. Chris Ridgeway & Daniel Makabe (Inner Circle 9)
9. Shigehiro Irie vs. Scotty Davis (Inner Circle 9)

Bailey/Bandido and Irie/Taurus were both matches I was hoping would happen this weekend and they delivered exactly what I was hoping for. I figured, if Bailey/Bandido happened it would be the best match of the weekend and it was, absolute five star match.

Even though I had a tournament pass for the entire weekend, I bought an additional front row ticket for Ambition, because I had to see Ishikawa/Ikeda up close. Right before the weekend I lowered my expactions a bit, because I thought "Hey, they're both in their 50s, this is probably not going to be that good". I was wrong, it was absolutely unbelievable. When the match started the crowd was almost completey silent, because I figure only a small amount of the audience even knew who they were. When the match was over the entire room was standing and giving them standing ovations for minutes. Ikeda/Ishikawa vs. Makabe/Ridgeway also very much must see. Strangely enough WALTER/Ikeda vs. Thatcher/Ishikawa was their worst outing of the weekend. Not bad, but not what you would expect.

Ethan Allen vs. Luke Jacobs delivered in spades as well. Maybe it's because of the live effect, but I thought this was even better than their TETUSJIN match.

Edited by The Z
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

WXW has their own pay service, right? Because dammit I need to see Ikeda/Ishikawa. If it ends up on Youtube eventually I'm there.

Yes, wXwNOW, it's €9.99/month. They haven't put anything for free on YouTube in years, so it's either that or "you know what".

For all my Northern California folks, you should fucking go to this! 

Great Sasuke, Ultimo Guerrero, Kikutaro, Bestia 666 (so likely also Damian) and Lady Apache. Sexy Star as well, but fuck her and her weak horseshit. Jungle Boy is listed on a tweet about the show but he's not on the flyer:

ER7A8GpUwAAZGnE.jpg

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jesus, Ultimo Panda looks like the spawn of nightmares. 

I always laugh when I see that hood. It's such a goofy fucking look. I'm pretty sure it's Vinnie Massaro under the gimmick.

Our show in Kelowna went on last night. We ditched the "Time Warp" theatrical time-travel 90s tribute gimmick because we kept everyone off the card who even had a sniffle (which isn't even a coronavirus symptom but again...peace of mind). Only two customers asked for refunds (as they too had a head cold and were respecting our requests), and we had a nice crowd of just under 100, thankful for a distraction in this wild time.

Anyway, here's Danny Knightmare vs. Slave from Dec. 7 in Summerland, B.C.

• Thanks 1

Wondering if anyone can give a listing of indy promotion shows that are put up on YouTube? Asking as I am far too lazy to accomplish this task

pretty sure any event not in the performance center will be cancelled. All gatherings of 50 or more are supposed to be cancelled. I'd venture more than 50 would be needed to tape raw/smackdown etc.   Eerie to see restaurants,bars, stores closed.  My office is still open which is also strange as what I do would be the easiest work from home job.  Anyhow whether I liked your posts or we argued, I hope everyone stays safe. 

• Like 1