DVDVR Message Board

Liv Your Truth - Raw - 12/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There are a lot of reasons that I observe. (And for many of these you can swap the IIconics with other wrestlers are the reasoning is the same)

1) As with everything now, it is all about the extremes. If said wrestler isn't as good as the greatest of all times (in terms of in ring work) then they are terrible. Basically they aren't the Crush Girls. (Or to be slightly more snarky - they aren't as good as take your pick of other WWE women's wrestler)

2) To piggy back off that last point - when they were featured on TV it meant that "wrestler that I like" wasn't featured. And clearly that was the IIconics fault and not creatives

3) Like you allude to, the IIconics best work often involves Youtube exclusives or social media where the majority of fans don't watch.

4) Peyton married Shawn Spears so A) they hate Shawn Spears and B) she is no longer attainable.

5) Dirty foreigners????

6) People are in love with their hearing ability and feared for it because of their high pitched "trash talking"... Because I'll gladly admit that was the main purely subjective reason for me to not get them. 

3 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

6) People are in love with their hearing ability and feared for it because of their high pitched "trash talking"... Because I'll gladly admit that was the main purely subjective reason for me to not get them. 

What, the constant shrill "HEY CAITLYN!!!!" vids not to your liking?

I was definitely guilty of not giving the IIconics a fair shake because I was in to Sasha and Bayley as champs but I've made an effort to watch their stuff since. They have some good tag team moves and neither of them are particularly awkward so they fill their role well, whether they're capable of more I can't really tell but they're funny and, um, charismatic so it's a shame they aren't being used. If it is because Peyton is married to an AEW job guy, that's very petty and totally believable.